PDA

View Full Version : Bet Turn and river?? Or take free card ??

djxskillz23
01-01-2004, 02:38 PM
Party 2/4
djxskillz23 dealt J /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG+1 limps, djxskillz23 raises, MP calls 2 cold, Blinds call, and UTG+1 calls.
Flop: 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG+1 bets, djxskillz23 raises, SB calls 2 cold, UTG+1 calls.
Turn: 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG+1 checks, djxskillz23 checks!??!?!?!?(comments please), SB checks
River: 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Checked around again and UTG+1 takes it down with K /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I think i played preflop and flop ok. I'm not sure, would you guys bet turn, river? Seeing how he had a weak kicker, I think I might have been able to drive him out with a turn and river bet? But then again it is party poker 2/4 and theres a good chance he'd call me down. I was 100% sure SB was on flush draw because he checked and called 2 cold on a 2 diamond flop so I wasn't too worried about him...But then i'd be raising the flop for a freecard to one out? Ok maybe i'm rambling now....haha comments?

Sir Limps Alot
01-01-2004, 03:48 PM
At party poker he will call you down, call or fold. I disagree with raise there. Also there is a flush draw on the board. Get out after turn or after flop your beat. A guy who stays with K 3 preflop will always call when he has top pair. He is playing bad cards and will continue through the hand.

brian0729
01-01-2004, 04:16 PM
Hey DJ,

PF and Flop are fine.

You have to bet the turn as well, you already said you think the SB is on a flush draw. Why are you giving him the free card? Also UTG may lay down with his weak kicker and the strength you have shown so far.

I would check/call the river, with the overcard on the board there is a good chance that one of them may have a K. Although I am sure some will also tell you to value bet the river as because of the amount of times UTG will show you T3 as opposed to K3

Welcome to the forum. Keep posting.

SpaceAce
01-01-2004, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At party poker he will call you down, call or fold. I disagree with raise there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this advice. Yes, a low limit PartyPoker player is likely to call you down with his K3, but who says he has a King? That bet means absolutely nothing. He could have AT, 88 in the hole or a million other hands. I think a raise is precisely what's called for to see if he really wants to play his hand. With that weak King, a raise will probably buy you at least one free card. Against a King that weak, you may see the river for free if you're inclined to do so or fold him with another bet on the turn.

SpaceAce

djxskillz23
01-02-2004, 07:19 AM
bump

Rico Suave
01-02-2004, 10:50 AM
Hey dj:

On this hand, with no further info, I would have raised the flop like you, bet the turn, and then checked behind on the river if callers were still with me. The result would have been the same, and you would have lost 1 more BB, but that is how I would play it in general.

Also, you should consider not placing the results in your initial post, as it sometimes has natural tendency to influence the advice you recieve.

--Rico