PDA

View Full Version : Nancy Boy

JDErickson
12-31-2003, 07:18 PM
Typical Party table, a couple maniacs, rest passive calling stations.

Party Poker 1/2 (10 handed)
Hero has T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif and is EP1

Hero raises, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls

Flop(8 SB): 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB checks, Hero bets, CO calls, Button calls, BB calls

Turn(6 BB): 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks, Button folds

River(6 BB): 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks

Should I have rammed harder or was I right to check it down?

ProfLupin
12-31-2003, 07:23 PM
I would definately have bet the turn to make the flush draws pay and then slow down on the river.

arfsananto
12-31-2003, 07:34 PM
I'm glad you posted this cause i find myself in this situation all the time and not sure how aggressive to be. So let me give my newbie opinion and se what everyone else says.
You can't raise for info cause its checked to you every time. Since no one acted like they had anything on the flop, I would have bet the turn and river. (but how many times I've done that and been shown slowplayed higher pairs!)

SpaceAce
12-31-2003, 07:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Should I have rammed harder or was I right to check it down?

[/ QUOTE ]

No one gave you anything to fear so I think you should have bet it. Two people check-calling along like that reeks of second pair, underpairs and draws. Since you can put at least one of them on a probable draw, slowing down on the river might not have been a bad idea but I think you should have bet the turn. If one of them IS in a draw, you don't want them to see any more cards for free.

Edit: Also AJ, AQ, QJ... those are the kind of hands micro limiters will limp and check-call with.

SpaceAce

Sarge85
12-31-2003, 08:31 PM
I think I'd bet the turn-if I still get callers check-calling the river seems reasonable.

Saborion
12-31-2003, 08:34 PM
My default play is to bet the turn as well. Occasionally that gives me the pot right there and then. If not, then I check-call the river unless improving.

JDErickson
12-31-2003, 08:36 PM
Thanx for all the replies. I agree I should have bet the turn. That damn K sitting out there and 2 callers had me worried about Kx.

My T's held up, One player didn't show, 1 had a pair of 7's

Jim

BaronVonCP
01-01-2004, 12:55 AM
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say I would bet the river as well as the turn. I get called by 2nd pair so much when I play the micro's that I'll bet and be called by worse hands in this situation more than %50 of the time.