PDA

View Full Version : Excerpts

Al Mirpuri
12-31-2003, 07:14 PM
How do the folks at 2+2 Publishing decide on which excerpt to use to advertise their books on this website?

For example, the excerpt for Poker Essays was enticing but the excerpt for Poker Essays was not so great.

Mason Malmuth
12-31-2003, 08:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For example, the excerpt for Poker Essays was enticing but the excerpt for Poker Essays was not so great.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Al:

Well, if you're thinking of purchasing, and you like the excerpt from Poker Essays but don't like the excerpt from Poker Essays, then I suggest that you stick with Poker Essays as opposed to Poker Essays even though we at Two Plus Two think that both Poker Essays and Poker Essys are good books. In fact, my guess is that if you purchase Poker Essays and like it, you'll come back at some time in the future and purchase Poker Essays. So thanks for your interest in both Poker Essays and Poker Essays.

Best wishes,
Mason

PS: I hope all that was clear.

Saborion
12-31-2003, 08:29 PM
So you recommend Poker Essays over Poker Essays, even though they are both good (great?) books?

zamora
12-31-2003, 09:36 PM
its weird how different humans can be. i actually liked the excerpt for Poker Essays but thought that the excerpt for Poker Essays was a tad "chatty".

i guess i am a guy that likes hard facts and it seems to me that Poker Essays can provide that while Poker Essays probably is aimed more towards poker players with a more spiritual approach towards the game.

world peace - now

Jedi Poker
12-31-2003, 11:05 PM
Respectfully, I have to disagree with you. I think Poker Essays sucks. But Poker Essays is brilliant. On a scale of 0 to 10. I give Poker Essays a score of 1. I do not recommend it.

But I give Poker Essays a perfect score of 10. And I wholeheartedly recommend it from the bottom of my heart.

Avoid Poker Essays like the plague. But embrace Poker Essays as your poker salvation. I spit on Poker Essays! I can't live without Poker Essays!

Ocho
01-01-2004, 01:05 AM
I concur with Jedi. Don’t be fooled by tricky marketing ploys. Although the publishers of Poker Essays may try to emulate Poker Essays, it cannot be duplicated. If I may draw an analogy to a classic film…..
Poker Essays = Danny DeVito, while Poker Essays = Arnold Schwarzenegger
I hope this clears things up.

Al Mirpuri
01-01-2004, 12:50 PM
I own all the Poker Essays trilogy and recognise that they are very valuable aids for a poker player. However, I just wondered about the excerpts, that is all.

Zele
01-02-2004, 12:31 PM

bilyin
01-02-2004, 04:32 PM
I just purchased Poker Essay 1,2,3 on Ebay for 39.99. The seller got a bunch more for the same price. This appears to be the best deal around.
I briefly considered making an attempt at humor....never mind.

RollaJ
01-02-2004, 05:04 PM
I personally own all 13 editions:
Poker Essays
Poker Essays III
Poker Essays III
Poker Essays
Poker Essays II
Poker Essays III
Poker Essays II
Poker Essays
Poker Essays III
Poker Essays
Poker Essays II
Poker Essays III
Poker Essays

I believe all were invaluble to me, and could not really recomend one over the others

Wake up CALL
01-02-2004, 11:44 PM
Zele, your poll bears out what all the others have posted. It is currently 11 votes for poker essays and 0 votes for poker essays. Poker essays is clearly the readers choice!

Jedi Poker
01-03-2004, 01:16 AM
Given Poker Essays' insurmountable lead, Poker Essays has no choice but to win by knockout. If the fight goes the distance, there is no way Poker Essays could win by decision.

The fact that Poker Essays is the hometown favorite won't help it overcome Poker Essays' lead. Heck, not even the fact that Poker Essays' cornerman bribed the judges could help.

Dammit! I shoulda bet on Poker Essays! How could I have been so stupid as to bet against Poker Essays! Now my wife's gonna kill me for betting the kids' tuition money on Poker Essays! I'm gonna go commit harakiri now. Bye. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Poker blog
01-04-2004, 05:49 PM
The funny thing is that Miripuri still doesn't appear to realize his mistake.

Jedi Poker
01-04-2004, 07:06 PM
In my opinion, the Poker Essays trilogy is superior to the Poker Essays trilogy when it comes to aiding the poker player in a manner that is valuable. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind about this. In a million years, the Poker Essays trilogy will never catch up with the Poker Essays trilogy in terms of the validity of the strategic, theoretical, and mathematical advice provided in their respective pages. Unfortunate, but true.

But with regards to the Poker Essays trilogy excerpts, I have more of a divided mind. I think the Poker Essays trilogy excerpts and the Poker Essays trilogy excerpts are close in terms of how informative they are about the actual contents of the Poker Essays trilogy and the Poker Essays trilogy.

But please don't ask me for my opinions about the pros and cons between watching the Matrix trilogy versus watching the Matrix trilogy. I don't know about those things. Besides, they are off topic for this forum. Perhaps, you may want to inquire about them in the Other Topics forum. But I'm not really sure whether you should take up this topic in the Other Topics forum or in the Other Topics forum.

Al Mirpuri
01-05-2004, 05:30 PM
Only now have I figured out why I was getting so many wiseguy replies to my post. Poker Essays and Poker Essays II.

And by the way, Happy new year to you all.

Zele
01-06-2004, 06:54 PM