PDA

View Full Version : How Honest is Howard Dean?

adios
12-31-2003, 05:29 PM
Does anybody want to wager that Dean will make campaign promisises he can't keep?

Ray Zee
12-31-2003, 05:58 PM
they all do it to us. they will say what we want to hear. it is our job to discount their bullcrap.
however some that really have good agendas find that after they are in office that they get shot down so much trying to implement them that they give up.

the only president that we have had in modern history that was a good person with truly good intentions was jimmy carter. his only problem was he wasnt strong enough to push his way around and he got us in some deep water.

whiskeytown
12-31-2003, 06:58 PM
both sides will lie like a rug...in fact, I'd dare say the only thing more dishonest than a poker player is someone trying to get elected /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

andyfox
01-01-2004, 03:53 AM
Wow, that would be surprising, a presidential candidate making promises he can't keep. W said he was against nation-building, Clinton always told the truth, Bush 41 said no new taxes, read his lips, Nixon had a secret plan to get out of Vietnam, Johnson was the peace candidate . . . Every politician is a liar.

Terry
01-01-2004, 04:03 AM
Dean doesn’t have to worry about keeping campaign promises – he won’t be “the candidate.” You’ll see.

adios
01-01-2004, 01:58 PM
"the only president that we have had in modern history that was a good person with truly good intentions was jimmy carter."

I agree totally FWIW. The Carter presidency indicated to me that honesty and political "success" aren't compatible.

adios
01-01-2004, 02:00 PM
Whom do you predict will get the nominaction. TIA for your insight.

adios
01-01-2004, 02:01 PM
Yeah that's why the condemnation of Bush as a liar by his opponent rings hollow to me.

adios
01-01-2004, 02:02 PM
It's very close and you're definitely an experienced poker player.

Wake up CALL
01-01-2004, 03:13 PM
"Nixon had a secret plan to get out of Vietnam"

Last time I checked Nixon did extract our troops from Nam. I am 100% sure he extracted me anyway! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Terry
01-01-2004, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Whom do you predict will get the nomination.

[/ QUOTE ]

No prediction – just that there will be some major dirt coming out regarding Dean.

Also major dirt coming up soon regarding a “good ole boys” club – Cheney (Ford’s Chief of Staff), who worked for Rumsfeld (who was Secretary of Defense under Ford [who was on the Warren Commission]), who worked for Nixon – throw in the Bush/CIA Putin/KGB – stir well and throw in a dash of Colin Powell (whose main strength [so far] has been a willingness to keep his mouth shut and enjoy the ride) – it’s about to get pretty interesting, even for those without tinfoil hats.

scalf
01-01-2004, 04:21 PM
..D'
uh..he's a politician and a doctor...and you think he does not lie??

wanta buy some swamp land??

lol

gl /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Al_Capone_Junior
01-01-2004, 11:33 PM
I agree on Jimmy Carter. Good thing about it tho is he's done a helluva lot of good stuff since leaving the presidency.

al

andyfox
01-02-2004, 01:10 AM
I am happy you got out.

Nixon's "plan" was to threaten North Vietnam with his "madman" theory: that he was crazy enough to use nuclear weapons. He managed to get us out after five years and hundreds of thousands of deaths with the same deal North Vietnam offered him in 1968. This after subverting the peace talks in 1968, for which he should have been tried as a traitor.

All presidential candidates get the virus. Nixon had a particularly virulent strain.

andyfox
01-02-2004, 01:12 AM
Just about everything the Democratic candidates are saying rings hollow to me.

Gamblor
01-02-2004, 02:38 AM
They don't believe they're doing anything wrong by lying.

It's easy to lie when you've convinced yourself that the best thing for the country is you in power.

andyfox
01-02-2004, 02:45 AM
I agree with your second sentence, but not your first. I think they know they're doing something wrong by lying, but that it's a small thing compared to the much more important issue of getting (re)elected.