PDA

View Full Version : Bowl plays

Wildbill
12-31-2003, 04:43 PM
I absolutely love Florida -4, they were as good as anyone over the last half of the season and face an Iowa team that they easily have big athletic edges over. I am not taking any "home-field" into consideration, Iowa probably will have close to as many fans in the stands. Just pure matchup edges as Florida really wants to make a statement that they are after number 1 next year.

I think SC has a bit of a letdown in the Rose Bowl. They won't have as many fans as Michigan so it is another phantom home game. SC hasn't played a quality team in a long time, facing up a team that has the size and speed to match them will be a much different challenge. Michigan's secondary might gamble and make some big plays that turn the tide of this game with the month to prepare for a pretty straightforward SC attack. In any event I think the teams are close to even, lots of value getting a team that faced a lot of battles all year against a team that had but a handful of challenges.

mikelow
12-31-2003, 09:27 PM
Like Michigan, but I'm not sure Navarre will make the plays needed to keep Michigan in it. And if the gambles by Michigan's secondary fail, the failures will be USC touchdowns. Emotionally difficult for me to bet this game as my boss (yes, I still have a job) is a USC alum.

Agree that Florida is superior athletically, pressure is on Ron Zook again with Spurrier looking over his shoulder. I still have doubts about Zook and thin the coaching edge goes to Kirk Ferentz. Wary of betting Florida as a favorite.

My selections for New Years' Day are Maryland -4 over West Virginia (better team, especially on defense) and Miami +2 (turnovers will be the difference and Miami has the better defense).

scalf
01-01-2004, 01:55 PM
/images/graemlins/blush.gif well mike

you should do gr8 today...

100% scalf fade..

lol

gl /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif go w va, fla st...and maybe fla 2nd half...gl /images/graemlins/grin.gif

scalf
01-01-2004, 03:42 PM
/images/graemlins/smile.gif wb i waz withya on fla..lol..whatta disaster..but

there is hop[e fer ya wb

i am backing s.c. big bustout -7

wolves lose by 20+...

lol.with the scalf fade, ya gotta be happy..

gl

mikelow
01-01-2004, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I absolutely love Florida -4, they were as good as anyone over the last half of the season and face an Iowa team that they easily have big athletic edges over. I am not taking any "home-field" into consideration, Iowa probably will have close to as many fans in the stands. Just pure matchup edges as Florida really wants to make a statement that they are after number 1 next year.

I think SC has a bit of a letdown in the Rose Bowl. They won't have as many fans as Michigan so it is another phantom home game. SC hasn't played a quality team in a long time, facing up a team that has the size and speed to match them will be a much different challenge. Michigan's secondary might gamble and make some big plays that turn the tide of this game with the month to prepare for a pretty straightforward SC attack. In any event I think the teams are close to even, lots of value getting a team that faced a lot of battles all year against a team that had but a handful of challenges.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, well. I really like Michigan also, but I was worried about how they would respond to USC's speed. As for Florida, you can begin the fire Zook watch again.