PDA

View Full Version : Don't give accounts as Xmas gifts

Fistdantilus
12-31-2003, 04:16 PM
Random rant. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

So my father is squeamish about online poker. Collusion, giving out credit cards, etc. I decide that setting up an account for his Xmas present is far more worthwhile than his current habit of practicing poker against a computer program at night. Might as well play for small stakes online, right?

Being as retarded as I am, I create a new account for him as my "friend" so he and I get the bonuses. However, I use the same method of payment for his account that I did for mine. This is on Party Poker, btw. Both of our accounts get locked.

Calling the support line was great fun. Since Party's support center seems to be located in India (from the accents), even spelling out our online names over the phone took forever. /images/graemlins/frown.gif I'm terrible at deciphering words through people's accents, so I finally had to hang up and try again to get a different person, hoping for less of an accent.

They ask that we fax our driver's licenses to them, and that they will call us when our account is unlocked. Days pass. We call them again, and they have NO idea we ever faxed anything. Fantastic. We get to repeat the process.

After they finally get it, they call me up to ask some questions about the fax they got. They ask 9.5 billion questions about our licenses. My license has several typos on it, and they get all hot about that. If I was going to fake a license, don't you think I'd do it right? /images/graemlins/smile.gif Then my father's birthday on the account is different from the license. Hey! So i was a few days...and years off! Give me a break. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Do YOU remember exactly when your parents birthdays are?

Merry Xmas dad, and may I never give a thoughtful gift ever again.

Fistdantilus

William
12-31-2003, 04:23 PM
He he, You'll be playing poker at Party again in 3/4 months, if you are lucky. 6 if you personally e-mail to Lucy Jones and wait for her to reply.

You really f... up this time, lol /images/graemlins/grin.gif

MaqEvil
01-02-2004, 03:38 AM
You could have just transfered money from your account into his and it wouldn't have been a problem. I've set up several family members and friends this way.

Simon Diamond
01-02-2004, 09:34 AM
Do YOU remember exactly when your parents birthdays are?

Yes. Shame on you.

Simon