PDA

View Full Version : Hands for Review

arfsananto
12-31-2003, 01:39 PM
Two hands, Stars, .05/.10, table loose/aggressive

Besides general comments (other than don't play KXs outside the blinds), I need to know when (if) I should have folded these.

Hand 1

I am MP2, K /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

folded to EP3 (poster) who checks, MP1 calls, I call, CO calls, buttton raises, all call.

Flop Q /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Checked to MP1 who bets, I raise, CO calls, button 3-bets, folded to MP1 who calls, I call, CO calls

Turn 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
MP1 bets, I call, CO calls, Button raises, all call

River 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

MP1 bets, I call, CO folds, Button raises, MP1 calls, I call, Button shows A /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hand 2

I am MP3, J /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG fold, EP1 (poster) checks, EP2 folds, I raise, folded to Button who calls, SB 3-bets, BB calls, EP1 calls, I cap

Flop T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB bets, BB folds, EP1 calls, I raise, Button folds, SB and EP1 call

Turn 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif
SB bets, EP1 calls, i call

River 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Checked around, SB shows A /images/graemlins/heart.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gif

All advice greatly appreciated

Adrian

JDErickson
12-31-2003, 02:04 PM
Hand 1 - Fold this BTF. Especially with only 2 limpers in front of you. On the flop your opponent is telling you clearly that your K doesn't worry him. I would have check/folded the turn.

Hand 2 - Tough one. I probably would have played the same as you. The 2 pair on the board is very scary and when your opponent bet the turn I may have folded.

Jim

bisonbison
12-31-2003, 02:04 PM
Hand 1:

Fold preflop. I don't like to play Kxs at aggressive tables or out of position.

Fold on the flop when it's 3-bet. You're basically raising for information there, and your information tells you that someone likely has you beat.

If you call the 3-bet, fold on the turn. The 8 pairing has no effect on the value of your hand. You still have Kings and Queens, bad kicker.

Fold on the river.

Hand 2:

I wouldn't cap with JJ, but calling the 3-bet is good.

Good flop raise.
Fold the turn. When you're bet into again with 2 pair on the board, someone's probably got a T, a 9, or an overpair. If you want to stay in, you have to raise - fold to a 3-bet, but hope he's willing to lay down his hand.

TheRake
12-31-2003, 02:31 PM
arfsananto,

-Hand 1-

I don't think the pre-flop limp is to bad at a loose passive table. Problem is you kind of get tied to this pot because it has become large. This flop was not that great for you since you didn't pick up the back door flush draw. You should have realized you were beat by the 3-bet on the flop. You are essentially drawing to 2 outs and are trapped between a better and a raiser. I think you should fold the turn.

-Hand 2-
I don't like to cap pre-flop with J's. Just call the 3-bet. Played fine on the turn and the river.

TheRake

arfsananto
12-31-2003, 03:12 PM
Thanks everyone for the good advice. I think that this is a big problem for me; I raise for information, then when I get told that I'm beat, I don't want to hear it so I keep going anyway. I'll have to work on that.

rayrns
01-01-2004, 10:46 AM
Haven't read any other posts and just want to see how I do.

Hand 1: When the button re-raises the flop it looks like your hand is in serious trouble. AA,KK,AQ,KQ,KJ,KT,K9,Q anything are all hands that are beating you. If you call the flop and don't hit your K, I would fold on the Turn to any bet. You said the game was loose/aggressive then K8s might not be the best starting hand. I believe it is ok to limp in a loose/passive game.

Hand 2:In most cases I respect a SB 3 bet pre-flop as a sign of a good hand. Flop has everyone guessing. I think your raise on the flop saved you money in later streets. I doubt I would have raised. Probably just called any bets to the river.

Clarkmeister
01-01-2004, 12:33 PM
No one has mentioned it but you should have folded on the flop and not raised. You are chopping with a king, drawing near-dead to a queen, and there are lots of people including the preflop raiser yet to act. This isn't the time to play "strong" by raising, its time to play smart by folding.

Ed Miller
01-01-2004, 12:36 PM
Hand 2 - Tough one. I probably would have played the same as you. The 2 pair on the board is very scary and when your opponent bet the turn I may have folded.

Why would you put the SB on a ten?