PDA

View Full Version : UB 1/2 - CR on all-diamond flop?

stantheman
12-31-2003, 01:11 PM
Poster ramjam has just left the 1/2 UB game, and this hand comes up. Table is pretty loose passive for UB, I'm in the SB with A /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

EMP limps, CO and button limp, I complete, BB checks. Anyone raise here? BB is pretty much "any two", so chances are my raise would accomplish nothing more than building the pot with a very mediocre raising hand (my internal Poker Tracker tells me I win with this hand approx 3% of the times I play it), so I didn't.

5 to the flop, which is 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check (no particular reason, other than the 2 clowns to my left are pretty aggressive and I like my chances to CR and thin the field). It's checked around to the button, who bets, I raise, all fold to button who calls.

Turn is A /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet out, he folds.

The result was obviously good, but does anyone play this differently? Raise preflop? Bet out on the flop? Check raise the turn? Good as is? Thanks.

rkiray
12-31-2003, 01:29 PM
Looks good to me. No way I'd raise preflop at a loose passive table. On the flop either betting or check raising is good.