PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only person here that bluffs consistatly at the tables?

Redhotman
12-31-2003, 03:23 AM
It seems that so many play tight to the vest, this si great, but it becoems very obvious to even the biggest of fishes that you are not betting alot. By giving the appearance of a wildman, you get action.
I also dont think you guys raise enough, and as often.
Throw a 10BB raise in their with T9s once in awhile. These players like action and you gotta loosen it up, you'll get it back later.

crockpot
12-31-2003, 04:35 AM
getting started on our new year's eve drinking a little early, are we? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

jomatty
12-31-2003, 01:31 PM
i find that advertising pays considerably less in the internet game than B$M. players dont seem to stick around very long and pay as much attention

SnowBreeze
12-31-2003, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
getting started on our new year's eve drinking a little early, are we? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL /images/graemlins/grin.gif

turnipmonster
12-31-2003, 01:54 PM
I bluff a lot, both in live big bet games and online. thing is, I usually have a very tight image, so it's quite possible for me to go a whole session without someone realizing that I don't have to have a set to bet/raise the pot.

--turnipmonster

Fistdantilus
12-31-2003, 02:05 PM
Putting a pile of money in w/ T9s when you have little to zero information about your opponents' hands is not bluffing; it's ridiculous.

Fistdantilus

Shaun
12-31-2003, 08:03 PM
On Party Poker NL, bluffing is rarely useful. I do it on occassion, but nothing like I would in a live game. Action isn't usually a problem in these games.

vector
12-31-2003, 10:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I bluff a lot, both in live big bet games and online. thing is, I usually have a very tight image, so it's quite possible for me to go a whole session without someone realizing that I don't have to have a set to bet/raise the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds reasonable, but online how do you know you have a tight image with everyone at the table? A lot of online players simply seem not to pay any attention to other peoples play, so I don't see how you can ever assume anything about your table image.

I make only very occasional bluffs, and only if I think my opponent is better than the average player.

turnipmonster
01-01-2004, 01:41 PM
I posted in another thread about openraising, if I open for $3 in the PP NL 25 game, everyone folds a very large percentage of the time. I have no idea if this really means I have a tight image or not.

--turnipmonster

NLfool
01-01-2004, 02:10 PM
ok first off I don't bluff anyone unless I think they are a very good player online that is. Secondly bluffing at the Party $100/200 NL PL is bad strategy because it is the loosest of all games this side of the Milky Way but I've successful bluffed at the 25 NL games.. yes you can bluff at some of the Prima/Stars big bet games as the stakes are actually something and 60% of the player are not at 50 BB or less. The only pure bluffs I do are heads up or 3 people I think someone is on a flush draw. I just keep betting $10 or so on every street unless the third one falls off. Only consistent profitable bluffs I've had at that place.

eMarkM
01-01-2004, 03:52 PM
In a Party $25 game, no, I'd rarely bluff raise like this with T9s. In a Party $200, absolutely. There's a lot of good tight players who will respect your raise and a lot of weak tight scared money that will run away at any strength shown. But the circumstances have to be right. Always with position. For example, two loose limpers to you on the button or CO, I will often bring in a pot sized raise on T9s type hands and watch them duck for cover. Also, I want to have the limpers covered and normally I won't do it to limpers UTG or EP or good, regular players who I respect.

You'll sometimes get a blind who wakes up with a hand and calls or raises, but most often you pick up a lot of loose change this way. It's a very common play for me.

Redhotman
01-01-2004, 04:28 PM
This play definitely picks up the loose change. When only one or two see the flop with you they wil fold to a pot size bet on the flop 50% of the time. This play makes alot of money, as you are not risjing anyhting. If they make a big reraise or bet on flop, you fold and get away from it.
No big deal, profitable play.

Greg (FossilMan)
01-01-2004, 10:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This play makes alot of money, as you are not risjing anyhting.

[/ QUOTE ]

10 big blinds is nothing? I don't think so. It's a silly play, as you can probably achieve virtually the same effect for half as much, or less.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

Dylan Wade
01-02-2004, 02:04 AM
i wouldn't do it on the max-buy in tables like the 25 nl on party. the problem here, is your stacksa re too small. i'd rather play ultra agressive when the players have several thousand bb in front of them.

btw, yes, my shift key is broken.

Redhotman
01-02-2004, 09:13 AM
Here is the scenerio. You are on the button with T9s.
Its 200 NL at Party. You get 5 limpers to you. There is $26 in pot. You raise to $40.

It will likely be folded to you atleast 66% of the time, giving you an automatic profit. Not to mention the times you play and your hand wins.

If yo are raised big, you get away from the hand. T
"here is nothing to lose." - Refers to TFTOP.

Greg (FossilMan)
01-02-2004, 02:12 PM
First of all, that was not the implication of your original post. You just said a 10xBB raise, you didn't say after half the table had already limped in, nor did you say on the button.

I have not played at Party very long, but it would surprise me a little if this raise actually got everyone to fold 2 out of 3 times. But, that may be correct.

Your original post made it sound like you might do this as the first person into the pot, with players yet to act behind you, risking $40 to win $6.

Even with your new fact pattern, couldn't you achieve just about the same preflop win rate with a $25-30 raise? If they'll fold 60% of the time for $30, that's better than 66% fo the time for $40, isn't it?

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)