PDA

View Full Version : Golddiggin' Cowboys in the BB

bisonbison
12-30-2003, 10:39 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 (9 handed)
Hero has K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and is BB

UTG limps, MP3 limps, CO limps, Button limps, SB folds, Hero raises, UTG calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls

Flop(10 SB): 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero bets, UTG folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls

Turn(6.5 BB): 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero bets, CO calls, Button calls

River(9.5 BB): 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero checks, CO bets, Button calls, Hero calls

Comments?

Ric
12-31-2003, 03:42 AM
I don't think the button had a straight, most likely a 9 or an 8, or both? CO either has a 7 or a slowplayed straight. I'm probably off, but I think you're beat.

TheRake
12-31-2003, 10:45 AM
Bison,
I think you played the hand fine. I probly play the river the same. I am guessing you got beat by the straight. There was no raising because whoever had it was drawing to the idiot end.

TheRake

Sarge85
12-31-2003, 12:05 PM
Tricky Tricky...

I really think the river probably hurt you more than the turn did.

67s, 78s, 89s - could be played this way in the CO... But I would have thought CO would have raised the Turn.

I suppose A6s, A7s, and A8s could have also been played similarly.

Any over pair would also play this way....

I think you played the hand fine, I think more often than not your going to be fine here and walk away scratching your head wondering just what did people have....

bisonbison
12-31-2003, 12:36 PM
Well, of course I was worried about the straight, but I still felt I had to bet the turn, because someone could very easily have J9 or A8 or some such. And I would have probably laid it down to a turn raise.

When the board paired, I checked because I wanted to see the showdown and I didn't want to get raised. If anyone was riding two pair (w/o a 7), I just caught up. If anyone has a straight, I'm still beat, but without a turn raise, I just needed to know.

Here are the RESULTS:

CO, who called me down and bet the river, had A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, for a hand I like to call Board Pair, Top Kicker.
Button, who did no betting or raising of any kind, had A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, for the turned straight.

Button takes the pot. I love me some Party Poker.