PDA

View Full Version : Another KK hand

TBone
12-30-2003, 09:09 PM
Party .50/1, typical party micro limit

I'm in UTG + 2 w/ KK (suits unimportant)

folded to me, and I raise, one fold, one cold caller, another fold, and another cold caller, BB re-raises, I just call as I'm involved talking about my mortgage and am a bit distracted, (bad, I know) cold callers all call. 4 to the flop for @ 13 SB.

Flop is A K 5 rainbow

BB checks, I bet, 2 callers, BB check-raises, I call hoping to keep the 2 callers in the hand, then raise the turn. The check by the PFR made me think he'll raise. I'm putting him on AK, but could be a high pocket pair. (AA, QQ or maybe even JJ?)

Turn is 9, making two diamonds on the board

BB bets, I raise, callers fold, BB re-raises, I cap. I think it's probable that BB has AA or AK here now based on his play on the turn, but then again, this is party...Anyone not cap here?

River is 6, no flush

BB checks, I bet, he calls.

He flipped over the AA indeed to take down a pretty hefty pot. Anyone play this differently (with the exception of not capping pre-flop?)

Thanks.

T

spamuell
12-30-2003, 09:21 PM
Cap pre-flop.
Cap the flop.
If he still 3-bets the turn now you've shown this much strength, unless he tends to overplay top 2 pair, you have to be considering AA. I would sometimes call this 3-bet, sometimes cap. If I cap and he bets on the river, I will just call, if I can bring myself to.

Be glad you didn't lose more, I don't see how he can possibly even conceive you have 87 in this spot.

bisonbison
12-30-2003, 09:32 PM
When KK runs into AA, KK loses a lot of money. When set over set happens, low set loses a lot of money. When the two combine, you lose a ton of money, and you should do so every time.

When the flush misses, he makes a criminal mistake by check-calling the second-nuts (who would be crazy enough to have the nuts?)