PDA

View Full Version : Can't have account at both Party and Empire?

fluff
12-30-2003, 07:36 PM
I already have an account at Party. Today I tried to create an account at Empire, and it wouldn't let me. I used a different login name, but the same e-mail address. That is the only information I send them so far. Anyone know if this is a new policy? Thanks!

The pop-up error message says:

Error creating account: EmpirePoker shares tables with a few other online poker rooms. We have detected that you have an active account with one of these poker rooms. Due to security reasons, you cannot create another account on the shared poker platform. We apologize for the inconvenience. If you think this message is in error or for more details, you may contact us at info@empirepoker.com along with the account name you are trying to create.

TylerD
12-30-2003, 10:00 PM
Yes it is a new policy recently introduced. Search previous posts here for more information. Basically you need two different machines and IP addresses to create dual accounts.

goodguy_1
12-30-2003, 11:21 PM
I just successfully signed up to my last Party skin.....you need to clear out all your cookies and use a different IP address that is what i did. I did not sign up from a different pc.Clearing all Party/Party skin cookies out of your temp. internet files folder and use a different IP address.If you use DSL and also still have a dial-up account... unplug your DSL LAN connection and use your dial-up isp.This way you'll get a new ip from your dial-up provider.If you use DSL on a network with 2+ machines and you use DHCP(dynamic ip's not static ip's) you're going to have the same IP address except for the last block of the ip address even on 2 different worksations/pc's.Most regional Bell companies use DHCP or some equivalent and charge u extrs for static ip's.I dont need static ip's so I dont pay for it.
If you have 2 different dial-up providers use the one you havent used before as long as the second provider doesnt use the same network.Like MSN/Mindspring use to share similar ip address in my area because the both used Worldcom's network.
use the following commands at a DOS prompt for basic network info:
ipconfig
netstat
netstat -an(shows open ports)

there are a bunch of good ones that I forgot..alot of the port info is not relevant ot this thread but it's fun stuff..if you are a geek

does Party use MAC information..???I dont think so but not sure on this stuff.

fluff
12-30-2003, 11:57 PM
Won't they eventually figure out that I have the same neteller account, name, address, etc?

I don't want to do something not quite legit... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

But thanks for the suggestions anyway.

goodguy_1
12-31-2003, 12:12 AM
Ask affiliates like Cup or Crock they know better than I where Party is going with this.

Is Party going to do this just to new accounts or are they going to start closing existing accounts of long time loyal Party skin players-players that may have accounts at 4 other skins.Accounts that people opened not just for bonuses or sliming rake rebates but for MTT's and tourney freerolls ,overlays..etc.

If they attempt that .I am gone .I have supported this room for 18 months..they seem to be getting mighty greedy mighty fast.

My guess is they will not do this now.BUT may implement this after the furror over this policy and the rake increase dies down.

Party starting to piss me off.Something tells me they gonna fock up the Party boys and girls with all the greedy bs they have been pulling over the last 3-4 weeks.

Inthacup
12-31-2003, 12:24 AM
Is Party going to do this just to new accounts or are they going to start closing existing accounts of long time loyal Party skin players

I have been told by Empire that the new policy ONLY affects new signups. I have been told specifically that existing accounts won't be affected.

Cup

skaboomizzy
12-31-2003, 12:38 AM
So if someone had only a Party account but not yet an Empire account, they couldn't get into Empire?

TylerD
12-31-2003, 08:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So if someone had only a Party account but not yet an Empire account, they couldn't get into Empire?

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct.

fluff
12-31-2003, 06:27 PM
As a follow up question: is there anyway someone who signs up both at Party and at Empire, using different account names, IP addresses, etc. can then play on the same table from those two accounts? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

gabyyyyy
12-31-2003, 06:28 PM
"As a follow up question: is there anyway someone who signs up both at Party and at Empire, using different account names, IP addresses, etc. can then play on the same table from those two accounts? "

Of course. Happens all the time.

Cyndie
12-31-2003, 09:21 PM
no it doesn't...but that is where fraud detection algorythms are useful. They detect patterns of betting/raising/folding with cards that do not warrant such action...that happens Over Time, with Same Groups of players.

Astute players are the best detector of that...not rules or regulations.