PDA

View Full Version : It's not good to be holier than thou......

Phishy McFish
12-30-2003, 05:32 PM
this close to X-mas.

(I thought I'd post this on it's own so it isn't lost in the shuffle.....sorry bad pun)

Oh exhale before you hurt yourself......I'm not pointing to collusion or corruption as any basis for my losses (and I have them without any PokerTracker software to tell me so).....but I am improving.

I read the Advanced Book that lead me to this forum (which I usually lurk in during down time at work to improve).....this same forum where I do very often see people quoting "I generally win XBB/hour on X/2X tables"

....but I also notice that while some of you post insightful responses....others tend to try and post something negative to show (at least you think it shows) that you are wiser and superior in skill. It really just makes you look like an ass (we can smell our own).

ElSapo
12-30-2003, 05:48 PM
So far you've begun two threads, that I can see, each of which has, in one way or another, insulted some posters here, either saying they act like an ass or are lying.

Edit - in this forum

thomastem
12-30-2003, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this close to X-mas.

(I thought I'd post this on it's own so it isn't lost in the shuffle.....sorry bad pun)

Oh exhale before you hurt yourself......I'm not pointing to collusion or corruption as any basis for my losses (and I have them without any PokerTracker software to tell me so).....but I am improving.

I read the Advanced Book that lead me to this forum (which I usually lurk in during down time at work to improve).....this same forum where I do very often see people quoting "I generally win XBB/hour on X/2X tables"

....but I also notice that while some of you post insightful responses....others tend to try and post something negative to show (at least you think it shows) that you are wiser and superior in skill. It really just makes you look like an ass (we can smell our own).

[/ QUOTE ]

Who makes how many BBs per hour? Who is negative and how? Who's an ass? Can you be more general?

Look friend if you don't want me to send critters after ya you best be specific when throwing around these blanket statements. Now you can be nice and I'll reward you a weekend with 2 sheep and continue down your misguided trail and you can see my hairy donkey. Choose wisely.

CrackerZack
12-30-2003, 06:07 PM
I like your response.

To be more exact, I post my win rates, like here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=holdem&Number=455244&Forum =All_Forums&Words=1882&Match=Username&Searchpage=1 &Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=455181&Search=true#Pos t455244)

I'm an ass, like here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=smallholdem&Number=448621& Forum=All_Forums&Words=1882&Match=Username&Searchp age=4&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=448140&Search=tru e#Post448621)

I guess I'm the problem. I'm the bad guy. Say goodnight to the bad guy.

Phishy McFish
12-30-2003, 06:08 PM
Nothing like proving someone's point for them. I won't have a "post war" about this.....I'm sure sitting here and responding like jags to people improves your play. It should only offend you if you think I meant you.....and you should only think that if you posted something uninsightful and in the manner of an ass.

I am done with this.

NoChance
12-30-2003, 06:16 PM
Who cares if someone posts thier stats? I don't believe everything I read. In fact, there are a few people on here I don't trust and choose to basically ignore whatever they post. BUT, for every one of those people there are 25 others who are honest and provide good, helpful stats and advice. Those are the people I choose to focus on.

Phishy McFish
12-30-2003, 06:19 PM
Well said. I agree.

thomastem
12-30-2003, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I am done with this.

[/ QUOTE ]

You lied and posted again after this quote was written. What's with the false info?