PDA

View Full Version : MIN NL buy ins

1800GAMBLER
12-30-2003, 05:55 AM
Hey, to all the poker site owners that read here.

Min NL buy ins with NO MAX buy in really need to be added, i.e. like live card rooms.

The reason i want them as they'll be more profitable for me, since most online players don't know how to adjust.

Any chance of getting this feature? You'd get a least one new customer with me.

Thanks.

crockpot
12-30-2003, 08:06 AM
much as i'd like to see this, i wish you some real luck in getting it passed. bigger stacks definitely intimidate the weaker players and encourage more sharks to sit with you. if you want to witness this effect, check out the NL tables at absolute poker, where the max buy in is 200xBB. there are never more than two players at the table that buy in for more than 100, and most of the weakies buy in for something like 10 or 20.

1800GAMBLER
12-31-2003, 02:50 AM
Oh well. I'd love to see it and can't imagine it's much trouble just to add the table and see if it's popular. It's just annoying when a bad player has been given a large stack and i have to win my way up before i get a chance at it.

I'd bet even most sharks have trouble adjusting.

Redhotman
12-31-2003, 03:35 AM
why do you think party only offers small stakes compared to other sites? To keep the fish giving them rake and not busting out in 30 minutes to Jay!

1800GAMBLER
01-01-2004, 02:49 AM
Meh. The only advantage of this is it attracts long term customers ... only to leave when we kill the fish. So no luck in this i guess.