PDA

View Full Version : Vexing hand

kiemo
12-30-2003, 01:24 AM
I havent read any rules on these board about what the standards for posting hand analysis (ie limit hand analysis posts to X amount in Y days), so I am just picking a hand out of every 2 hours of playing (about 2 hands a week) that kinda vexed me to present to you all.

.25/.50 10 people at TGC. As with most games at this level getting reads on people is very hand since 70% see the flop and usually crap starting hands win (such as having to fold KK earlier to A3o when flop+turn are 452)

I am dealt A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif in MP1
MP3 checks (posted to play),CO/Button/SB call, BB checks

Flop: A /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB, BB check. Hero raises, All fold except BB calls

Turn: 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
BB checks, Hero raises, BB folds

Can I play this hand differently to extract more value out of it?

Or if I am reraised on the flop/turn should I fold making the guy with J?

crockpot
12-30-2003, 08:46 AM
i assume you called preflop. good.

on the flop, no reason not to bet. your hand has a good chance of being best and you should protect it, with the possible flush and straight draws out there. if your hand is not good, betting the flop and turn is best, because you can safely fold to a raise.

against typical players i will fold a hand as good as AK if i get check-raised on the turn on this board. it's exactly the way they would play a jack (or maybe 77), and isn't consistent with how they would play anything i can beat. recognizing slowplays and losing the minimum to them is one of the marks of the great player; i have an essay on this subject at my website.

ramjam
12-30-2003, 09:09 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
i assume you called preflop. good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd raise from this position with ATs, especially with the poster's extra blind money in the pot. Maybe that's why ATs is my biggest losing hand in Poker Tracker?