PDA

View Full Version : movie review- whale rider

Ray Zee
12-30-2003, 01:18 AM
if you are a little bit of a sissy this movie is for you. it is set in new zealand with the maori culture. fantastic if you arent looking for action. great story and people.
john cole might even cry in this flick but no one else is likely. the dvd is in the stores.

baggins
12-30-2003, 02:28 AM
actually, i've been hearing good things about it. i saw it on the rack at bockbuster and picked it up as a joke while looking for flicks to rent. it looked lame as hell... but one friend said it was actually quite good, so i felt kinda dumb.

i guess maybe i'll see it sometime.

elwoodblues
12-30-2003, 09:28 AM
Whale Rider was fantastic. The movie has several very powerful scenes. What is amazing is that the young star was picked by a casting agent visiting her school (no acting experience at all).

Ray Zee
12-30-2003, 10:56 PM
and except for the main characters all people in the film came from that village.

dogsballs
01-04-2004, 12:26 AM
Go watch it.
I went cos my significant other wanted to see it - ready to snooze for a couple of hours and bitch about the 'sissy' stuff. Turned out to be more than worthwhile.
And the young actress was amazing.

My gf has the dvd now, so I'll watch it again sometime - voluntarily this time (had to get lots of hankies out when she watched it the first time, so better order up a box of kleenex).