PDA

View Full Version : Newbie rake question

kiemo
12-29-2003, 11:41 PM
As a beginner to the online poker scene, the term raked hand is important for bonuses and tournament play.

However I dont know when you are credited with a played raked hand and I play so far only at TGC and they dont seem to have any service to show how many raked hands one has.

Which hands in these examples are added to your raked hand total
1. You fold on any turn before pot is raked, but pot eventually gets high enough to be raked
2. You fold on any turn after pot is raked
3. You play the entire hand and pot is raked

I think the answers are no,yes,yes but I havent found any information to support this.

KingNothing
12-29-2003, 11:48 PM
I'm not sure what the TGC is, but I would say the answer is yes to all of them. I'm farely sure at Party you don't have to contribute to rake or even see the flop for it to count as a raked hand.

CrackerZack
12-30-2003, 11:52 AM
The gaming club counts hands you put money in the pot and it was raked so your questions aren't quite applicable. If you fold PF, unless you were a blind or limped in and folded, you put no money in the pot, so it doesn't matter. If you put money in the pot, and the pot is eventually raked, it counts for you. It doesn't matter if you're still in the hand when it is raked or not, just that your contributed. Hope this helps.

chesspain
12-30-2003, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The gaming club counts hands you put money in the pot and it was raked so your questions aren't quite applicable. If you fold PF, unless you were a blind or limped in and folded, you put no money in the pot, so it doesn't matter. If you put money in the pot, and the pot is eventually raked, it counts for you. It doesn't matter if you're still in the hand when it is raked or not, just that your contributed. Hope this helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

This couldn't possibly be true, could it? Party and Paradise only require that you be dealt cards into a pot that gets raked. I've never heard of any site that forces you to put money into a pot in order for you to get credit for a raked pot? In fact, I've played in the TGC freeroll everynight for the past week and I can't believe that I've put money into fifty pots each day.

mmkiemo
12-30-2003, 01:38 PM
On Saturday I played 142 hands at TGC. I see about 30% of the flops and I tried to register for the freeroll, which requires 50 raked hands, and couldnt do so.

So it seems at TGC you do need to contribute to the pot.

Al_Capone_Junior
01-02-2004, 08:54 PM
Playing a raked hand means getting DEALT INTO ANY HAND WHERE A RAKE IS TAKEN, whether you play, fold, or whatever.

al

MrBlini
01-04-2004, 12:04 AM
Remember that some hands won't get raked. I had to play nearly 1,000 hands at Party to clear a bonus that required 700 raked hands.

CrackerZack
01-04-2004, 03:51 PM
Its true. Its in their bonus clearing info somewhere. 50 hands putting in money is pretty easy. You do it twice every round in the blinds automatically.