PDA

View Full Version : QQ hand...curious about aggression

TBone
12-29-2003, 11:01 PM
Just sat down...Party .50/1, 9 players. I'm in LMP and post, seeing Qh Qc.

2 limpers to me, I raise, button calls, SB calls, BB folds, limpers call. 5 to the flop for 5 BB.

Flop: 5s 4h Td

SB bets, 2 limpers call, I raise, button makes it 3, SB calls 2 more, 1 limper folds, 1 limper calls, I cap. (I think this was a bit questionable...maybe too aggressive since I have no reads on anyone at the table, but I'm guessing either open ender, TPTK, overpair, maybe 2 pair or a set. I'm guessing open ender or TPTK are more viable options--maybe my thinking is flawed) All call. 4 to the turn for 13.5 BB.

Turn is Kc.

Checked to me, I bet to see where I'm at. Button raises, SB calls 2 cold, I call. 3 to the river for 19.5 BB.

River is Ac.

Checked around?

I wound up taking it down, but am curious to see what people think about the cap on the flop, and the betting out on the turn w/ an overcard to my pair, particularly given the flop action. I also _thought_ about possibly folding to the turn raise, but the pot was far too large to fold to an unknown at this point.

T

bunky9590
12-30-2003, 12:01 AM
seems good to me, i love the flop cap, and turn lead out.

Turn call? May be a bit questionable but I probably see the river, when checked around, great. i fold to a bet on the river though.