PDA

View Full Version : Phil helmuth?

05-28-2002, 12:23 PM
did he shave his head?

if this is the wrong place to ask, sorry.

05-28-2002, 04:47 PM
Yeah, due to a "bet" with the WSOP winner.

Probably shoulda posted in Tournament or News forums, but no biggie

05-28-2002, 09:40 PM
The nose hair, eyelashes, and eyebrows are part of the head, don't you agree? Of course you do. And he promised to shave his head, didn't he! But Phil only shaved his scalp but not his eyelashes, eyebrows, and nose hair (and ear hair if any but I doubt he has any given his boyish looks). Thus, Phil has not really kept his word. Phil Hellmuth is a welcher!

05-29-2002, 12:21 AM
I'm in the Bellagio right now where they're holding a tournament part of the World Poker Tour, and Phil Helmuth is here. Just making it clear that he DID shave his eyebrows and eyelashes.

05-29-2002, 03:18 AM
what is with john patrick and his vendetta against phil h?

05-29-2002, 10:44 AM
John Patrick (johnpatrick.com) is unquestionably one of the most dominant forces in the world of gambling today. My guess is that he holds a grudge against people such as Phil Helmuth that use "mathmatics" and "logic" and "what cards are on the board" to make decisions.

I get the joke, but I'm actually unfamiliar with what he has written on poker. I remember that when I used to dabble in the various blackjack message boards, he was a laughingstock there, too.

-Ryan!

05-29-2002, 05:15 PM
Yes, one of the worst bad beats I've had in poker is buying one of his inane books. The "john patrick" posts on how to play here are a slighly funny, mostly tired, but 100% on target attempt at humor

05-29-2002, 10:48 PM
I am almost certain one of the first books I read on hold 'em was by John Patrick, and it advocated NEVER raising pre flop. Thank God I knew enough to keep studying.

Fitz

06-01-2002, 11:28 AM
Advice:

Never raise preflop after I limp in.

Thanks for your cooperation.