PDA

View Full Version : TV Documentary

mikeklein
12-29-2003, 06:19 PM
I'm a TV director based in the UK. I recently completed a doc about gambling for Discovery & BBC. You can see an extract on my website. Sadly it concentrated on compulsive gamblers which I wasn't too happy with but I'm now in the research phase of another gambling-based doc. The slant this time is on how technology is influencing the gambling industry.
We're naturally including the influence of bet exchanges and have stuff like computers that can predict the sector a roulette ball will fall off into (the guy we followed made $32,000 in 6 hours) and we want to include online poker playing bots. I put another post somewhere asking about these but as yet havent had any replies.
Perhaps the inclusion in a TV doc will stimulate those involved with this technology. Our aim is to show how the internet in particular is changing the face of gambling around the world and not to show the exact mechanics of the systems.
So, if you're interested in being involved let me know.
Thanks

SpaceAce
12-29-2003, 06:35 PM
I'll be looking forward to watching this. However, I want to know how the guy with the roulette system will do if you follow him around for 600 hours. One of the problems I am constantly seeing with documentaries on TV is that they try to cover too much area in an effort to entertain. You're not telling us anything useful or substantial about how modern technology is influencing, say, roulette with a sample of information gathered from a single source over a mere six or even sixty hours.

SpaceAce

csuf_gambler
12-30-2003, 12:06 AM
when and where will this air?

mikeklein
12-30-2003, 04:02 PM
Sometime late 2004 probably........down to the networks..