PDA

View Full Version : Tough turn decision QQ NLHE

Acesover8s
12-29-2003, 03:20 PM
1$-2$ NLHE, I'm running bad, I've got $95 in front of me. I open in MP with QQ for $10. Only the SB calls and he has me covered.

Flop is 33J rainbow. He checks and I bet $20, he calls. The turn is a J and he bets almost enough to put me all in.

Would you call? Where do you put him?

SpaceAce
12-29-2003, 03:37 PM
"Almost" all in? Have you seen him do this, before? It sounds like it might be significant. Maybe he is hoping that since you'll be almost all in, anyway, you'll go ahead and push in so he can get your whole stack. I think you're probably beaten but without knowing anything about the opponent, it's tough to say. I don't think I'd risk my whole stack on what amounts to a pair of Queens on a double-paired board unless I had good reason to believe my opponent was lying.

SpaceAce

Jon Matthews
12-29-2003, 03:50 PM
Tough one. I put him on AA or KK, more likely AA. If he had a J then it's more likely he would check call or check raise since you already bet the flop. I think no matter what he has, he thinks you have a big pair. You should probably grit your teeth and fold, it's crazy to think he's bluffing here and that's about all you beat that bets like that.

Jon