PDA

View Full Version : Playing against LAPs

me454555
12-29-2003, 01:58 PM
Here are 2 hands I played against LAPs last night. I lost both, but I think I could have saved a BB or 2

Hand 1
Party Poker 1/2 (10 handed)
Hero has A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and is MP3

UTG limps, EP1 limps, MP1 limps, Hero raises, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, EP1 calls, MP1 calls

Flop(10 SB): 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB bets, UTG calls, EP1 calls, MP1 folds, Hero raises, BB calls, UTG calls, EP1 calls

Turn(9 BB): 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB bets, UTG raises, EP1 folds, Hero calls, BB 3-bets, UTG caps, Hero folds, BB calls

Does anyone fold to UTGs raise instead of calling 2 cold?

River(19 BB): T/images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB checks, UTG bets, BB calls

Hand 2

Party Poker 1/2 (10 handed)
Hero has K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif and is SB

EP1 limps, MP1 limps, MP2 limps, Button limps, Hero raises, BB calls, EP1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Button calls

Flop(12 SB): 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero bets, BB raises, EP1 folds, MP1 3-bets, MP2 folds, Button folds, Hero calls, BB caps, MP1 calls, Hero calls

Turn(12 BB): 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero checks, BB bets, MP1 calls, Hero calls

River(15 BB): T/images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero checks, BB bets, MP1 raises, Hero folds, BB 3-bets, MP1 calls

I knew this guy was a LAP so I thought check calling after he capped the flop was probobly the way to go. Wrong decision?

BB showed down JTo
MP2 showed down JQo

crockpot
12-29-2003, 06:22 PM
hand 1 - this is almost a pure math problem. using the amount of money you'll win if you win half or a third (or god forbid, all of it), you can decide whether it compares favorably with the chances that UTG has an ace and BB doesn't have a six. i'm too tired to do the math right now, but it's not that difficult.

but if the guys are loose-aggressive and you intended to fold for two additional bets, clearly you made a mistake calling the first two.

hand 2 - even against the two biggest maniacs in the world, i bet one of them would have a jack or better here. you have a clear fold when it comes back to you reraised. had it been just one raise from a LAG, you'd have to call him down, but what will two people raise you with on this board that doesn't beat you?

also, the math is working against you here. if the probability that one is bluffing is 40%, making it clearly correct to call one down, the probability that both are bluffing is 16% (actually less, since a bluff reraise is much less likely than a bluff raise). also you will get taken for a ride on the future streets. get out now.