PDA

View Full Version : QQ - short handed. Too aggressive???????

Raiser
12-29-2003, 08:56 AM
Button has been in pretty much every hand (even when the table was 10 handed) and I had seen him cap pre flop with KTs from MP. SB, as you will see, is a habitual calling station.

Party Poker 0.50/1 (4 handed)
Hero has Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif and is UTG

Button limps, SB limps, Hero raises, Button 3-bets, SB calls, Hero caps, Button calls, SB calls

Flop(12 SB): 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, Hero bets, Button raises, SB calls, Hero 3-bets, Button caps, SB calls, Hero calls

Turn(18 BB): 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, Hero checks, Button bets, SB calls, Hero calls

River(21 BB): T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB checks, Hero checks, Button bets, SB calls, Hero calls
Button shows Rockets for the win. SB has 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

I don't feel like the cap pre flop was over the top, but was the 3-bet after the flop too much? Lately I've been trying to use that round to get more information, but I'm not sure if I played it right here. I will say that when he capped it, even I was able to put him on Kings or Aces.

TheRake
12-29-2003, 10:38 AM
Raiser,
I almost always cap pre flop if given the chance with Q's. I also think the 3-bet is appropriate after the flop. With no overcards on the board I think you have to call this one down and just hope your hand is good. Sucks your Q's ran into A's, but you played the hand fine IMO.

TheRake

Raiser
12-29-2003, 10:59 AM
Thanks Rake.

I thought the same, but I'm still a newbie and find myself teetering between too passive and too aggressive play lately. I think I'm starting to pull out of it, but this hand made me wonder a little bit.

SpaceAce
12-29-2003, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I don't feel like the cap pre flop was over the top, but was the 3-bet after the flop too much?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think your three-bet on the flop was out of line at all. When he capped it you pretty much had to put him on something better than Queens but with no overcards on the board, you still had to call it down unless you knew that your opponent would only cap with a huge pocket pair or better.

SpaceAce

Joe Tall
12-29-2003, 10:46 PM
Given you read on the button, I may have lost a lot more on this hand.

I think you played it fine. Sometimes kooks get good cards.

Peace,
Joe Tall