PDA

View Full Version : Bad plays all around with terrible outcome

05-23-2002, 11:06 AM
This hand occurred a while ago at the exalibur in the 2-6 spread game.

I just sat down after watching for about 5 minutes. The game looked pretty loose, but 10 minutes only allowed me to see about 6 hands. First hand I play, I'm in the BB with KQs. Almost everyone limps and no one raises. I make it $8 to go, hoping to A) get some to fold, thus leaving dead money in the pot, and B) to punish those with cheesy offsuited cards. No one folds of course and we see the flop 8 handed.

Flop is Q x x two suited, suits unimportant. I bet $6 and UTG raises. Crabbapple Mary (CM) calls two, I call and we see the turn three handed.

The turn is a king. I bet again and UTG raises. CM cold calls two and I reraise. UTG calls and CM caps it. I call and so does UTG.

River is a brick. I bet, UTG raises, CM reraises, I fold, UTG reraises, CM calls.

UTG had KK and CM had QQ.

As for my play, aside from my simply getting very unlucky with the worst two cards that could have come, I think I should have realized that when CM capped it on the turn, she had a set. What I was thinking with my river bet, I don't know, I gotta quit schmokin' that stuff I guess. $50 on one hand, but realistically I could have really only expected to save two or three bets at best, I was destined to lose money on that hand.

What is wrong with the rest of this picture?

Shortly after that, I realized that I had chosen my game poorly, played the remainder of my round before my blind, and left. The game was much tighter and trickier than I thought. The best play I made here was to quit the game and go elsewhere looking for a better game.

Dave in Cali