PDA

View Full Version : TT: Reraise or call?

taxat
12-27-2003, 09:02 PM
.50-1 Party

First hand at the table.

I am BB with T /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif

EP1 calls, EP3 calls, MP1 calls, Button raises, SB calls, I reraise, EP1 calls two, EP3 calls two, MP1 calls two, Button caps, SB calls, I call, EP1 calls, EP3 calls, MP1 calls

Flop: J /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Checked around

Turn: [J /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif] 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Checked around

River: [ J /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif] Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Checked to Button who bets. SB calls. Do you call?

After button's pf raise, I put him on a high pair or high suited cards like KQs-QJs. After capping with a lot of callers, I put him on AA or KK. I went check-fold as soon as the flop hit. Button showed down AA.

Saborion
12-28-2003, 12:05 AM
I wouldn`t call.
The can have anything, and the SB has already called, meaning that if he has anything and it`s not a 4, then you`re beat.

Mike Gallo
12-28-2003, 01:50 AM
I do not like how the button played the hand.

As for you calling, unless you think the button plays like a maniac what hand do you give him credit for that you can beat. Take the board into consideration.

You made the correct fold.

rayrns
12-28-2003, 08:53 AM
I question the raise pre-flop. If you don't hit the set, playing T's could be hard if/when overcards come on the flop. I think you can make up the difference if the set hits as you can trap players between you and the Button Raiser.
Folding was correct at the river.

Joe Tall
12-28-2003, 01:24 PM
I think calling out of the BB is in order here. I think 3-betting with TT should be reserved for isolation plays not out of the BB after a button raise in a family pot.

Peace,
JT

Tosh
12-28-2003, 11:17 PM
I don't like the 3-bet from the BB in this case but you were fine other than that.

Don't like how the button played at all though.

taxat
12-29-2003, 12:03 AM
Thanks everyone for the analysis. I see now that I should only have called preflop due to my poor position.

The button did misplay his hand.

FYI, the SB did have a four--K4o--and thought Jacks and Fours were good. UTG overcalled the river bet and had K6o. Apparently, he thought Jacks with a King kicker had a shot at taking down the pot.

Uppercut
12-29-2003, 12:41 AM
Why on earth would the button check both the flop and the turn with Aces full of Jacks? I swear that some people are so damn clever that they cost themselves a ton of money. /images/graemlins/confused.gif