PDA

View Full Version : Wow... did the whole table suddenly become maniacal?

Warik
12-26-2003, 08:55 PM
Party Poker 1/2 (10 handed)
Hero has T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif and is MP1

EP1 limps, EP2 raises, Hero calls, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, EP1 calls

----------------
I know WLLH followers (like me) will argue against calling the preflop raise from MP1, but EP2 was your typical fish/maniac who raised preflop and called a reraise with 57 earlier. I had AK and lost to his rivered straight. Against a (???) player or a solid player I'd have folded to the raise.

----------------

Flop(12 SB): J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB checks, EP1 checks, EP2 bets, Hero calls, MP3 raises, Button calls, BB calls, EP1 folds, EP2 3-bets, Hero calls, MP3 caps, Button calls, BB calls, EP2 calls, Hero calls

Turn(16 BB): Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

--------------------
I'm jumping for joy at this point. Only the diamond draw or a miracle boat can beat me.
--------------------

BB checks, EP2 checks, Hero bets, MP3 raises, Button calls, BB calls, EP2 calls, Hero 3-bets, MP3 caps, Button calls, BB calls, EP2 calls, Hero calls

River(36 BB): 3/images/graemlins/club.gif

------------
cha-ching! can you say "nuts?"
------------

BB checks, EP2 checks, Hero bets, MP3 raises, Button folds, BB folds, EP2 calls, Hero 3-bets, MP3 caps, EP2 calls, Hero calls

Kind of silly asking this since I just won a $96 pot, but did I do anything wrong besides the questionable cold call preflop?

Tosh
12-26-2003, 09:34 PM
The pre flop call is horrible.

Aces McGee
12-26-2003, 10:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
know WLLH followers (like me) will argue against calling the preflop raise from MP1, but EP2 was your typical fish/maniac who raised preflop and called a reraise with 57 earlier. I had AK and lost to his rivered straight. Against a (???) player or a solid player I'd have folded to the raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you know the call is bad, but you need to understand this:

If you are going to play a hand like ATo against a preflop raising maniac, then it's important you do all you can to limit the field -- ideally, you'd take the flop heads up, isolating the maniac with a three-bet. If a raise won't accomplish that, then you're better off tossing this one. Just calling is very bad.

McGee