PDA

View Full Version : Weak or All I Could Do?

charlie_t_jr
12-23-2003, 05:22 PM
Or maybe I shouldn't have been in hand at all. Party 50/1, pretty much passive table, which is one reason I called with this hand in MP.

Dealt J /images/graemlins/heart.gif10 /images/graemlins/club.gif in MP

Limp in after EP limp, and a MP limp. CO and Button call, SB in, BB checks.

Flop: 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Checked to me, I bet. CO and Button call, everyone else folds.

Turn: A /images/graemlins/club.gif

I check, CO checks, Button folds(?)
I thought about betting out here, or checking and folding...but CO checks behind me...

River: A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I checked with intention of calling....CO checks.

CO hadn T9o, I'm good. Should I have shown more aggression on this hand, or was that all I could safely do with the A's on board?

JDErickson
12-23-2003, 05:33 PM
I usually muck JT in all but late position and then only if lots of limpers. The only flops you want to see are TT, JJ, TJ or a straight draw. This hand will kill you unless you are very careful.

Jim

stantheman
12-23-2003, 05:39 PM
I'm not playing this in MP no matter how passive the table is, but since you're already in...

I would have bet the turn and folded to a raise. That's the problem with playing a hand like this, if you don't hit your straight draw on the flop you have no idea where you stand. Check the river thru and take your $ and run.

scotnt73
12-23-2003, 06:05 PM
it depends on how active and aggressive the table is. if its the typical party 2/4 table i play J10o from any position all day long(you know you are going to have enough limpers to make it correct). if im not 99% sure it wont get raised then ill play it from mp-lp only.