PDA

View Full Version : Sharon and Hussein - Friends forever

Gamblor
12-23-2003, 04:51 PM
Israel denies Qatari report saying Sharon secretly met Saddam in Baghdad following arrest (http://www.albawaba.com/news/index.php3?sid=265796&lang=e&dir=news)

So explain to me how this isn't an example of the Arab media provoking Arabs into hatred of Israel?

Libel like this borders on hilarious.

M.B.E.
12-25-2003, 09:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So explain to me how this isn't an example of the Arab media provoking Arabs into hatred of Israel?

[/ QUOTE ]
Gamblor -- I have a difficult time understanding your point here. Neither Al Bawaba (the web site you linked to) nor Al-Raya (the Qatari newspaper mentioned) claims that Ariel Sharon and Saddam Hussein met as friends. Your "friends forever" subject heading is ironic (I understand that much) but I don't get what you're referring to.

The Qatari newspaper reported that Israel had transferred intelligence to U.S. forces in Iraq, which helped capture Saddam Hussein. So for any Arabs who still support Saddam Hussein yes, that report might provoke them to (further) hatred of Israel, but conversely, for Arabs opposed to Saddam Hussein isn't the report favourable toward Israel?