PDA

View Full Version : Middle Set in a 5 way raised pot w/ crazy people.

SacraVia
12-23-2003, 03:36 PM
Party 25 NL. 9 handed. Loose game, even by Party standards. Lot of garbage getting played - but I do have some descent reads on players.

I get 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif in the CO w/ $23 in front of me.

Everyone limps to me. I limp. Button Limps. SB raises to 4 ($65). BB folds, UTG calls($120), UTG +1 calls($40), I call($23), Button Calls($20), rest folded.

5 to the flop w/ pot of $22.

<font color="green">Concerning the players: SB busted out a round before (second time in 10 minutes) on a way over played second pair on paired board and is on tilt. He did just have a huge suckout and is up. UTG is passive preflop but rams it when he has it. Not that bad but plays way to many hands. UTG+1 is a complete fish. Plays any two flush cards and any Face(x) card but gets lucky. Raises any pair from ducks to bullets. Never seen a hand from the button so no read.</font>

Flop comes: A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Sb Checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 Raises to 10.

<font color="green">Here is what ran through my mind. SB check is pure weakness. You can rule out AA as he would have gone all in to protect it against the flush. UTG+1 most likely has the flush draw and I still dont know what the rest have. So I decide to charge the draw and get my money in when I think I have the best hand.</font>

I raise Allin. (would this be your play?) SB calls. UTG+1 calls. Rest fold.

Turn: K /images/graemlins/heart.gif (damn!)

SB checks, UTG+1 Calls ALL-IN (double damn), SB calls.

Turn: K /images/graemlins/club.gif /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Question is the flop all-in a good bet? And is my simple logic correct? Results to follow.

Guy McSucker
12-23-2003, 04:15 PM
First, the preflop call is a bit shaky: $4 is a large proportion of your stack, and you're basically playing for a set, 7.5-1 against. You need to make a lot of money postflop, more than doubling up in fact, every time you hit, for this call to be profitable.

On the flop, the pot is big enough and your stack is small enough to push it in and see what happens.

Nice house. Did someone have bigger? I am thinking AK...

Guy.

SacraVia
12-24-2003, 01:16 PM
Utg+1 shows Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif for the nut flush on the turn.
SB was on more tilt than I thought and the hand history shows that his raiser was 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif for the give away and the addition to my buddy list.

Guy, I agree, my call pre-flop was questionable as the odds were just not dictating it. Pre-flop I knew I was playing for the set and IMHO if I hit it, with the amount of limpers and the craziness of the board, I would get payed off well. Problem was that I did not factor other draws or the element that if I hit - I might lose to a draw or set over set and I just did not have the odds.

Thanks! Amazing how this zoo opens your eyes.