PDA

View Full Version : The Experiment (tm) - Hand 2

ZeeJustin
12-23-2003, 02:55 PM
For those of you that missed my first hand, it was posted here: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=427109&page=11&view=expan ded&sb=5&o=14&fpart=

Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been busy with exams. Coincidentally, my exam week was also my best poker week to date. I finall broke the 10k mark last night. It took me 5 months and 10 days, but that $250 buy-in has gone a long way for a poker newbie. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

This hand is a little less exciting than the first one, but it is still worthy of discussion.

Here are the guidelines I gave every player before they made a decision. For future hands, refer to these guidelines:

1: Assume everyone at the table is a good winning player, that is most likely tight aggressive.
2: Do not talk about the hand with any 2+2ers until after the results are posted.
3: Do not worry about advertising or making any plays that aren't +ev in the short run, that may be in the long run.
4: If you have aim, please IM me your response. My aol SN is ZeeJustin.
5: Don't overthink decisions. If the answer seems obvious, it most likely is. Most of the decisions will be rather straightforward.
6: To save time, please make multiple decisions in one response. I.e if you open raise on the button, feel free to also add that you will cap if reraised, or even that you will bet or raise any flop. Obviously, I won't tell your opponent this decision was made ahead of time.
7: Each hand (unless otherwise specified) is 10 handed limit hold-em. To simplify things, the betting structure is 2/4, with 1/2 blinds. You can throw in some 0's or funky currencies if it makes this more interesting for you.

Try to play out the hand first for yourself, and see if your results match any of the actual results.

Player 1 (SB): 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Player 2 (BB): J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Player 3: K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Player 4: 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Player 5: J /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif
Player 6: K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Player 7: K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Player 8: A /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Player 9: T /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Player 10: A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Flop: 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Turn: J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
River: Q /images/graemlins/club.gif

Here are the rosters:
Player 5 (JJ): Jtrout / Stripsqueez / Phat Mack
Player 8 (AQo): Lori / lil' / Andy B
The rest of the hands were just auto folded throughout.

Groups 2 and 3 both played it the same way. Stripsqueez and Phat Mack open raised with JJ, and lil' and Andy B folded their AQo.
JJ wins .75 big bets here.

Group 1 was more interesting:
Jtrout open raised J /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif.
Lori 3 bet with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
Jtrou called.

Flop: 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Jtrout checked. Lori bet. Jtrout raised. Lori called.

Turn: J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Jtrout bet. Lori called.

River: Q /images/graemlins/club.gif
Jtrout bet. Lori raised. Jtrout 3 bet. Lori capped. Jtrout called.

JJ wins a pot of 15.75 big bets.

When I played the hand myself, I played it slightly differently.
JJ open raises. AQ 3 bets. JJ calls.
Flop: JJ checks, AQ bets, JJ raises, AQ calls.
Turn: JJ bets. AQ raises. JJ 3 bets. AQ calls.
River: JJ bets. AQ raises. JJ 3 bets. AQ calls.

JJ wins a pot of 17.75 big bets.

I guess when I played this hand as AQ, I felt like AA, KK and KQ, and even AQ for a split pot were all definate possibilities for the opponent even up until the river.

Please post any suggestions, thougts, critiques, or comments. Anything well though out is appreciated.

Nottom
12-23-2003, 04:35 PM
I think I would be in the fold camp with AQ, but if I did play I would have 3-bet.

If I was Lori and saw the flop I'm 3-betting the flop.
I would call the inevitable check-raise on the turn and call the river 3-bet.

If I was JJ playing against me, I would like to think I would fold to the 3-bet on the flop and cost myself the pot /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

P.S. Sweet, I'm a Carpal\'Tunnel!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif