PDA

View Full Version : How to play against maniacs?

ctv1116
12-23-2003, 01:48 AM
I've been playing the daily freerolls at Paradise, and a lot of maniacs are now playing it. You see them go all-in on 30-40% of hands, and this is when the blinds are 10-20 (everyone starts with 1500 chips). How do you play against them?

Twice today, I beat them to the bit with all-in with TT. Both times they called with one overcard and offsuit, hitting the overcard each time, busting me. I guess my question is, should I just fold everything but KK and AA in the first 45 minutes of the tourney, letting these players bust out, or did I make the right play?

If there is a flop, they will agressively bet every flop, and considering my only 12% chance of hitting a set on the flop, I will likely be forced to fold, since there will likely be one or more overcards.

If you play tight early, how can you build a stack, as people always say? After 50 hands it basically becomes all-in or fold as blinds are already 100-200.

mrbaseball
12-23-2003, 10:27 AM
The problem here is the "freeroll" factor. The one Paradise freeroll I played in 4 guys went all in on the first hand.

Play tight and wait for a good double up chance. Or... play like a maniac /images/graemlins/smile.gif Take huge chances early since they are free. I just can't seem to play well in freerolls myself. If there is nothing on the line I don't seem to care as much. Personally I find freerolls a waste of time because I could be playing in a real game and making money.