PDA

View Full Version : Hand for review

JDErickson
12-22-2003, 11:41 PM
Typical Party Table Loose passive. I've been on a dry spell and not playing many hands.

Party Poker 1/2 (10 handed)
Hero has K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif and is CO

UTG limps, EP2 limps, MP2 limps, MP3 limps, Hero limps, Button folds, SB limps, BB checks

Flop(7 SB): 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB bets, BB calls, UTG calls, EP2 calls, MP2 raises, MP3 folds, Hero 3-bets, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, EP2 folds, MP2 calls

Turn(9 1/2 BB): 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG bets(all-in), MP2 calls, Hero calls

River(12 BB): 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif

MP2 checks, Hero bets, MP2 calls

Questions:

Should I have bet BTF or was the limp with a ton of limpers ok?

Should I have bet the turn. I'm thinking I should have.

Thanx
Jim

Joe Tall
12-23-2003, 12:06 AM
Raise preflop w/suited broadway cards in LP after limpers.

With the cuban boat load of outs you have on the turn, I think you can bet.

Peace,
JT

Nottom
12-23-2003, 12:18 AM
Raise preflop.

With such a big draw on the flop, I'm torn between 3-betting and just calling. You really want any Ks or Js to fold, as well as the A /images/graemlins/spade.gif. I think it could go either way here.

On the turn, I would raise if UTG wasn't all-in. Since he is, the play loses most of its value so a call is best.

rigoletto
12-23-2003, 08:59 AM
Preflop: I dig a raise like the others.

With this many players in I think calling the flop and raising the turn is a better play.

josie_wales
12-23-2003, 09:59 AM
Hey JD,

Looks good to me, except (1) I raise preflop in that position with all those limpers and (2) I raise the turn.

Ed Miller
12-23-2003, 10:07 AM
I would have raised preflop. Since you didn't, I would have just called on the flop instead of 3-betting. The reason is that the pot is smaller, so you would prefer that your opponents stay in with your huge draw.

If you had raised preflop, then your 3-bet would be correct. Now the pot is bigger, so you need to protect your overcard outs with a raise.

Nottom
12-23-2003, 10:55 AM
I'm a bit surprised so many people are advocating a turn raise with UTG going all-in with his bet.

You aren't getting any value out of the raise with only one opponent and as a semi-bluff its pointless since the pot is protected by the all-in player. You have no showdown value with just K-high so I really prefer a simple call here.

Lost Wages
12-23-2003, 12:30 PM
I agree, I was wondering the same thing. You can't bluff the river so you are going to have to make a hand.

Lost Wages

CPA
12-23-2003, 05:12 PM
Aren't you a 2:1 favorite to make your hand....therefore he would want to bet the turn? In this case, is it relevant that one of the opponents went all in?

Just curious to see why my thought is wrong.

rigoletto
12-23-2003, 09:19 PM
I'm a bit surprised so many people are advocating a turn raise with UTG going all-in with his bet.

We are also advocating a flop call which would have kept at least 2 more players in the hand, thus making more of an overlay when you raise your monster draw.

On a side note: now I understand the thread about poor quality of the SS-forum. The heavy duty guys (Joe, Nottom, Kong) hangs out in microlimit /images/graemlins/smile.gif