PDA

View Full Version : 5-10 Taj Hand, Turn Raise Situation

05-03-2002, 04:04 PM
I am in a Taj 5-10 game which has suddenly gotten tightish after a maniac leaves. 7-handed, and it's late. I look down and see Jh10s. All fold to me in the cutoff, I open raise (I understand that this is debatable, but I was running good and thought I had a good chance to steal the blinds). Button coldcalls, SB folds, and the BB makes it 3 bets. I call, Button calls. 3 players, $47 pot. Flop comes 2h10hKh. I have a pair of 10's and the J-high flush draw. SB bets, I call, Button calls. Anyone fold here, I thought the pot was big enough to see the turn and evaluate from there. Turn is the 3h, putting 4 hearts on board. SB bets. I raise. Button goes into a huddle, but finally folds. SB calls. River is an offsuit blank, he checks, i check. Comments appreciated (esp. on the flop call and turn raise), and results to follow.

05-03-2002, 04:06 PM
BB tabled AK, with no heart and my flush wins. The button went into a fit that my turn raise made him fold a Queen high flush (2nd nuts). What do you think of his fold and my raise? I would have folded to a turn 3-bet.

Jeff

05-03-2002, 04:07 PM
nm

05-03-2002, 05:47 PM
I like your raise and hate his fold. This IS a tight game!!

05-04-2002, 04:08 AM
Why do you raise the turn? A better hand is unlikely to fold and may have to pay more if you aren't good.

The only good reason to raise is if he has trips otherwise he will fold if beat and call/or raise if you are...

05-04-2002, 04:12 AM
My god, do people really fold 2nd nut flush draws in AC in 5/20 games?

I stand corrected, in most 5/10 and 10/20 games a 2nd nut flush is not folding thus my previous comments (from the last post).

And AK pays off the whole way???? Wow.

05-04-2002, 12:14 PM
Preflop: I'd probably fold. The blinds in 5-10 are not that tight, and the SB is only $2. You recognize that this is marginal.

Flop: I'd raise with the pair and flush draw. You might knock out top pair or the Qh.

Turn: The raise is correct. If you are reraised you can fold. You probably have the best hand, and you have a shot at knocking out the Qh (but if I had the Qh, I'd call).

River: I think this is close. BB would have likely reraised on the turn if he had the Ah, but he could have the Qh. Actually, you will probably win a little more than half the time that you are called (and a reraise seems highly unlikely), so a bet might be right.

05-07-2002, 05:23 AM
the raise on the turn was perfect... coupled with the pre-flop raise. The guy with Qh thought he had the A.... it pays to advertise...sometimes...

only the person sitting at the table knows the opponents; we can speculate about math and correct play all we want, but sometimes "it's a people game with cards, not a card game with people..."