PDA

View Full Version : NFL Driving Me Nuts Tonight

HDPM
12-21-2003, 11:39 PM
We need some old school guys. Disclaimer. I am a Broncos fan. But tomight we have to see Shannon Sharpe performing what might as well have been sex acts on Dungy before the game while wearing a microphone. That was a disgusting performance. Some professionalism is OK, but right before a game you don't get down on your knees for a guy on the other team. then Indianapolis does an organized dance on the opening kickoff. I expected several cheap shots after that. you can't let guys do a dance like that. Nope, no retaliation. Then Jake Plummer goes and feels a guy up on the Colts as a joke. And throws a miserable pick for a touchdown. Awful display. At least the Broncos came back. (For now)

Then there's fianally a solid shot on a colts receiver that will be a big time fine on Kennedy. He was called for "hitting a defenseless receiver." I hate that penalty. He's not a defenseless receiver, he is a guy who makes big money to play a dangerous game and he ran a route that can lead to serious and permanent injury. His quarterbalck missed on the throw and threw into coverage that might get him hurt. You go over the middle and lay out you should expect helmet to helmet knockout shots. the colts receiver wasn't even hurt and taunted the defensive player. So Kennedy will pay a huge amount and maybe get suspended because of his history. I at least hop the shot makes Tom Jackson's "Jacked Up" segment. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif TJ could lay some shots, legal and otherwise, on dudes. No more though. In the No Fortitude League. Gimme some old school hitters back there and receivers who aren't punks.

Hopefully the Broncos can overcome all this tho.

I'm a loon huh? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

scalf
12-22-2003, 03:46 AM
/images/graemlins/blush.gif..jeesh, can you imagine the fines jack tatum would pay today??

lol

gl /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif

pudley4
12-22-2003, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/blush.gif..jeesh, can you imagine the fines jack tatum would pay today??

lol

gl /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

There was an interview with him this year, regarding the Darryl Stingley incident, and they talked about this exact issue. Tatum's response was that he played by the rules that were in effect at the time (which allowed the vicious hits he made) and that if he played today, he wouldn't play the same way as he did back then.