PDA

View Full Version : just tried 2 weeks of no frills no bluffing low NL

NLfool
12-21-2003, 10:36 PM
well after winning 4k in the first 5 days playing 2.5/5 and 5/10 NL I promptly lost 1k back through some really bad play, over aggressiveness mostly etc. Well after 1 full year of doing this I was feeling awfully burned out and decided to try an auto no thinking mode of NL. Only playing .25/.5 and .5/1 NL I decided I would not bluff and I would not try any fancy plays and if I had the nuts or close to it I just pushed all in and even way overbetting $50 into $5 pots. I haven't made much only about $550 but I've only played 40 hrs in the last 2 weeks and it seems like a very safe no swings way of playing. Almost $14 an hour is not bad for not even thinking. I'm gonna try this until the end of Jan and hopefully put in more hours to get a more concrete answer. Anyone try this mode of NL play for an extended amount of time with good results?

WalleyeJason
12-22-2003, 05:00 PM
Well, I think that playing this way can be detected, and therefore killing your action.

Also, there is lot of small pots that your not going to win that would make a good day into a great day.

I think you can play that way, but I'm not sure you’re maximizing your opportunities.

WJ

tewall
12-22-2003, 07:55 PM
I'll betcha this way of playing will work for you, and you have the advantage of being able to play multiple tables, since you don't have to think.

Please keep posting your results. I'm interested to see how it goes.

muzungu
12-23-2003, 12:18 AM
biggestfish-
Where are you playing? I'm just now making the switch from UB to Party, and right away I am finding it very profitable to simplify my game. Your strategy reminds me of advice from Super System I find very useful: outplay good players strategically and bad players fundamentally. The UB low buy-in games had enough decent players that some strategy was warranted; with the Party games, I've already outfoxed myself on a few occasions. Of course this is player-dependent, but I'm already starting to bluff less and value-bet/call down possible bluffers more, and I think I'm making more $ for doing so. I think you will do quite well.

Dan

jomatty
12-31-2003, 03:09 AM
youre not maximizing youre profits but problably greatly reducing youre fluctutions. when im on a tight bankroll i adapt a similar sttrategy and when i can afford to i play in a aggresive, profit maximizing way.either way has its merits in my opinion. of course it goes without saying that it will only work against oponents who are not highly skilled(which is exactly who youre playing against)

Redhotman
12-31-2003, 03:14 AM
dont u think playing multi tables makes up for this?

1800GAMBLER
12-31-2003, 03:17 AM
Not bluffing has been the best improvement in my game. I make very thin value bets/bets were i want a fold (A high on the paired board with 3 to the flop) and semi-bluffs, so these keep me geting action.