PDA

View Full Version : AK suited hand= how did I do?

SlyAK
12-21-2003, 03:48 AM
Hi all,

I wanted to know what you think of how I played this hand in a $5 single table sng. It is late in the first round, blinds 10/20, and I am in the small blind. After posting I have T1160. I am dealt A /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif UTG limps, UTG+1 folds and everyone else, yes EVERYONE else limps to me. I raise 100 to 110. The big blind folds, and I am called by 3 players, EMP, MP and LP. Already 540 in the pot.

The flop comes A /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif I bet out 300, (in hind-sight I think this is weak, I am giving good odds to a club flush draw, right??) EMP calls, MP folds, and LP calls. 1440 in the pot.

The turn is the 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif giving me 2 pair. I have both of my opponents covered and now have the nut-flush draw. I go all-in for 760, EMP calls for his remaining 410. LP calls for his remaining 200. This makes 2460 in the pot, and I am returned 350 chips.

The river is a 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for a board of A /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

So, how do you think I played the hand??? What do you think my opponents have?

Thanks for all responses,
Sly

eastbay
12-21-2003, 03:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi all,

I wanted to know what you think of how I played this hand in a $5 single table sng. It is late in the first round, blinds 10/20, and I am in the small blind. After posting I have T1160. I am dealt A /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif UTG limps, UTG+1 folds and everyone else, yes EVERYONE else limps to me. I raise 100 to 110. The big blind folds, and I am called by 3 players, EMP, MP and LP. Already 540 in the pot.

The flop comes A /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif I bet out 300, (in hind-sight I think this is weak, I am giving good odds to a club flush draw, right??) EMP calls, MP folds, and LP calls. 1440 in the pot.

The turn is the 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif giving me 2 pair. I have both of my opponents covered and now have the nut-flush draw. I go all-in for 760, EMP calls for his remaining 410. LP calls for his remaining 200. This makes 2460 in the pot, and I am returned 350 chips.

The river is a 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for a board of A /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

So, how do you think I played the hand??? What do you think my opponents have?

Thanks for all responses,
Sly

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is someone had either AT or TT and you lost the hand.

CrisBrown
12-21-2003, 04:25 PM
Hi SlyAK,

Yes, your flop bet was too weak; it, combined with the likelihood of someone calling with Ax made it correct for anyone with two clubs to call at the flush. I'd have moved all-in at this flop and put them to the decision right now.

Cris

SlyAK
12-21-2003, 10:50 PM
As suggested by eastbay, the hand I was most afraid of was TT, ( I figured an AT would have folded to my raise preflop, but at $5 tables, I guess many of the players would call). As it turned out both players turned over AQ offsuit /images/graemlins/smile.gif, and I took the pot. I love having TPTK when there is lots of action from TP 2nd kicker!!

Sly