PDA

View Full Version : Hands for Review

arfsananto
12-20-2003, 10:59 AM
Both hands at Stars, .05/.10, 10 players, loose/passive
Besides general critique, I would like to know:

Hand 1: could I have done anything drive out Button?

Hnad 2: Should I have raised PF? I dont think I was in the right position to try to CR the turn, besides it has been my (limited) experience that people at this level are more than happy to check around unless they have monsters.

Hand 1

I am dealt A /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif; I'm MP1
UTG fold, EP1 call, call, call, CO fold, Button call

Flop
A /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Checked to me, I bet, everyone calls

Turn
7 /images/graemlins/club.gif
checked to me, I bet, called to BB, who folds

River
5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Check to me, I bet, Button Raises, SB folds, EP1 calls, I call
Button shows J /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hand 2

I am MP2, dealt K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG, EP1 call, EP2,MP1 fold, I call, MP3 calls, CO & button fold, SB calls, BB completes

Flop
5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Checked to me, I bet, all call except BB folds

Turn
J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Checked to me, I bet, all call except UTG folds

RIver
9 /images/graemlins/club.gif
checked to me, only SB folds, MHIG

Thanks for any input
Adrian

JDErickson
12-20-2003, 01:45 PM
Hand 1: Raise BTF. Yuu may have driven out the button. After that hes sticking just like you did with 2 pair.

Hand 2: Tough one. Either raise or fold, no calling. I probably would have raised BTF depending on table. Forget the CR's just play your hand. This level fancy play is counter productive.

Jim

crockpot
12-20-2003, 02:29 PM
hand 1 - you played this fine. four bets on the flop and turn would not have convinced button to fold, especially at this limit. the fact that he didn't raise you until the river squarely points out how little he knows about hold 'em.

hand 2 - i don't see any plays close enough to debate here. you played the hand fine.

arfsananto
12-20-2003, 04:53 PM