PDA

View Full Version : Wow! 4-fish table on Party last night. I loved it!

Warik
12-20-2003, 09:39 AM
Here are two hands that helped me identify the fishies and win $15 in 1 hr playing .50/1.

Flop is QQQ
Turn and river are rags

From flop to river, player 1, 2, 3, and 4 are betting, raising, reraising, and capping the hell out of each other.

Guess which one had the queen?

None of them.

Next hand 15 min later.

Flop: KXX
Turn: K
River: K

Three kings on board... same four guys having raising war. Guess who had the king?

Nobody.

15 minutes later with me at the BB.

Flop: 89Q
Turn: X
River: X

Same four guys having raising war. Guess who had the nut straight?

Me. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

SpaceAce
12-20-2003, 09:46 AM
I see that sort of behavior all the time at the PartyPoker low limit tables. I think the other players decide that the fourth Queen can't possibly be out there and just start betting like crazy. I don't think it even occurs to most of them that someone else could have a pocket pair for the full house or a better Ace for the kicker. People at those tables just seem to get silly when three of a kind hits the board.

SpaceAce

Webster
12-20-2003, 12:06 PM
Go to this site

http://www.team-skilz.com/

enter your hand history - sweet

Warik
12-20-2003, 03:35 PM
I played a zillion hands after that and my 100 hand history won't go back that far. Know a way around that on Party? This is why I gave up with PokerTracker... never can remember to request hand history before I pass 100. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

ptrack pat
12-20-2003, 04:46 PM
Did you try using the auto-request feature? This way you don't have to remember to request them, PT will do it for you.

Warik
12-20-2003, 07:49 PM
Never seen that feature. I'll see if I can find it.

Thanks!

bisonbison
12-20-2003, 08:09 PM
auto-request is the fist thing on the quickbar.

If you don't want to miss any hands, I'd suggest you request at a rate like this:

one table, every 60 minutes
2 tables at a time, 30 minutes
3 = 20 minutes

umdpoker
12-20-2003, 08:16 PM
i don't really think its too terrible a play to bet like hell if you have a high pocket pair. i will usually bet out if my pocket pair is higher than any other card on the board(other than the trips). depending on the competition, i might even cap it. i think this is +ev, but correct me if i am wrong. gotta plug those leaks! btw, i wouldn't do anything but fold with an ace kicker, and would call a bet with any card matching the non-trips on the board to give me a full house.

ptrack pat
12-21-2003, 10:11 AM
Under the Utilities menu, Auto-Request Hand Histories...