PDA

View Full Version : NFL Picks

Wildbill
12-20-2003, 02:15 AM
I tend to avoid totals at this point unless I think there is clear motivation, a lot of times the uncertain motivation of some teams beats a total.

Seahawks -14 over Cards
Name the score here. The Cards have done nothing but get crushed on the road this year. Here comes a Seahawks team that needs a win badly and will gladly run up the score. Cards are done, they had a nice effort and OT loss last week, but I just see no reason for them to fight here.

Ravens -3 over Browns
Browns might put up some fight, but the matchups are in the Ravens favor. Lewis probably runs crazy again on this team. Browns two tough losses maybe catch up to them and they also have an in-state rivalry game next week against the Bengals that could be a nice spoiler chance. Of course Cleveland never overlooks a game with their old franchise, but they are outgunned here. Ravens coming off a horrendous game last week ads to the value IMO.

Patriots -3 over Jets
Jets are playing some real solid ball, but this might be a spot they come up a little flat. They have scored 6, 6, 13 in 3 of their last 4 and the 24 was the big MNF game they were clearly fired up for. Playing probably the best D in the league right now isn't a prescription to cure that. Pats are doing just enough to win week after week, the FG spot is a fair price to lay on a team that is on a major roll and could possibly shut out their opponent.

scalf
12-20-2003, 11:30 AM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif.. not quite qualify for a scalf fade, but that jet/patsies g could be tuff...might be jesters actually playing 4 quarters at home against the hated rivals from beantown,,,gl

i wonder why you do not like kc/minn over??
both teams should be motivated to score..def's not very good...

otherwise...gl..hope you're getting good money for Rx articles; they are clearly the class of the mag..

happy holidays..lgl /images/graemlins/smirk.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

scalf
12-21-2003, 11:05 AM
w.b. nice call on patsies...funny; they play to win..might be super tuff if they get final home field advantage...

gl.. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif

Wildbill
12-22-2003, 03:54 AM
Thanks Scalfie, well you know of course I liked the Chiefs over, but the thing that worried me was that both teams looked to have a huge edge running the ball. When two teams look set to run a lot, I tend to back off as long drives with lots of running plays can eat up too much clock. Then again when you are getting 15 yards a run as it seemed for much of the game, that theory goes out the window /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yeah Jets gave them a battle. I wouldn't have laid more than an FG on it, that was for sure. I just thought it was a good price and getting the superior team playing fantastic defense was too much to pass up. Only downer of the weekend was goddamn Wade Philips calling a defense that allowed the Bucs to get their only legitimate receiver behind the defense for that big play, killed my 2nd half under. That was a bad beat, every coach in the NFL would have made sure that didn't happen, but then again that is why Wade Philips has never lasted long in any job!