PDA

View Full Version : I was laughing about this, but STILL pissed as hell

Gomez22
12-19-2003, 11:36 PM
Paradise .50/1.00... we now have a maniac among us and this proves it(this was his first hand, so this was unknown to me at the time).....

I'm UTG+1 with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG calls, I raise, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, MP4 folds, CO(MANIAC) 3-bets, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, I call.....

FLOP(10.5 SB): 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG checks, I bet, Maniac raises, UTG folds, I call.....

TURN(7.25 BB): 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I chekc, Maniac bets, I call.....

RIVER(9.25 BB): A /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet, Maniac raises, I 3-bet...... He asks me... "You got the flush???". I replied... ."Gotta pay to see it". He caps!!!!!!! I make the crying call, fearing AA....

Maniac shows J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

LMAO, and wondering WTF at the same time............

Nottom
12-19-2003, 11:40 PM
Cap preflop, 3-bet the flop.

On the river, hes a maniac so he could easily have some nutty 2-pair or a 2 or a 7. I don't like the 3-bet.

Gomez22
12-19-2003, 11:49 PM
That's the thing, nottom.... I didn't know he was like this until AFTER this hand happened....... Still playing at the same table as him, and he's put about half the table on tilt, so I'm walking a wire, here..... He SEEMS to be a sorta nice guy, though, so I'm wondering if maybe his first couple hands there aren't something of a ploy. After the hand I wrote in: "lol... nh, I never woulda guessed that after the PF 3-bet...... you got me on that one, as those are moves I'm not used to making yet"

Another player replied that he was a moron (here we go again with the table bashing)

Some hands later, I won a pot slowplaying a flopped set of 4's.... maniac told me nice hand, the earlier replier said something about luck, to which maniac replied... "You can have luck like me or skill like Gomez... Seems you have neither, so I'll gladly take your chips"

I was ROFLMAO!!!!!!

I think now that the guy's actually a decent player who was putting on a show. I could be wrong, but he's playing much better now......

JohnShaft
12-20-2003, 01:27 AM
Gome, the River bet is debatable with real loose "could have any cards" opponents.
But the 3-bet? COMEON! You know better than that, man. That is a crazy raise. It would be a VERY debatable raise against a maniac. And as you didn't know he was one.
Gah it's just fruit loops. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

You lost yourself either 2 or 3 bets here on the River with your play.
Forget his hand.
His play.
And concentrate on your play.

Next time don't give them free bets away! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[What pissed you off? His play. Or yours?]

KeyserSoze
12-20-2003, 02:28 AM
Is this a joke?

Someone in this hand was definitely a maniac. I'll give you a hint, it wasn't your opponent.

Gomez22
12-20-2003, 01:49 PM
WTF is your problem??? I can handle all the criticism in the world, but you bashing me for posting a hand is kinda childish, don't ya think? I had a 4-flush on the flop, and rivered TPTK.... I can see that the river 3-bet was a little over the top, but why act the way you did????

I'm far from a good player, and I wanted some thoughts about this hand, but instead, I get bashed from the self-assumed best poker player out there???? Give me a break, Keyser..... you wanna run around on here and ask advice about hands yourself, but [censored] on people that may not know as much as you.... nice outlook on things.

If you have nothing constructive to say about anything I post, please don't waste my time with asinine replies.....

Gomez22
12-20-2003, 02:01 PM
I don't know, John...... I'm in some kind of funk now, making strong plays when I'm beat and weak ones when I'm ahead...... I know now that the river 3-bet was dumb, and I know I'll get lambasted, but I feel like I'm reaching jsut to play solid poker right now...... I'm starting to feel like I'm trying to play over what I know or feel comfortable with..... I've been on a bad run of losing premo hands to junk lately, and maybe I'm overcompensating for that somehow.

Just trying to find my way back to sensible poker.......

'Mez

Joe Tall
12-20-2003, 03:53 PM
Cap preflop and 3-bet this flop.

Peace,
JT