PDA

View Full Version : Will some kind person explain to me how Poker Tracker works

SaintAces
12-19-2003, 06:47 PM
I have the Demo and am comtemplating whether to buy, but I don't know how to use it! How do I import hands? By the way, I am using Poker Stars

AliasMrJones
12-20-2003, 04:27 AM
Pokertracker comes with thorough documentation, particularly about how to import hand histories. RTFM.

trillig
12-25-2003, 03:59 PM
If I recall Pokerstars wise, it's a cut and paste job, request hand histories off the main Poker Stars menu REQUESTS, it arrives in email as ugly long text message and not as a file. Cut and paste it into notepad and save it for future use, then import it into PT.

PT just looks at each line looking for certain things and translates it into usable data.

If you play a lot online, I'd buy it so you keep track of all your sessions over time, demo is crippled so it can only handle 1000 hands if I recall, I don't bother with it, my self assessment is enough for me, I know when I blew it overall, it's not like you get to see their MUCKED hands, winners or losers.

-t

pretender2k
12-28-2003, 07:08 AM
I don't remember what it took to set up but if you are using outlook or outlook express it should be realitively easy. All I have to do now for Pokerstars, Party, and Paradise is hit file-->Import Hand Histories and then hit check email. From there on it is pretty automated.