PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for what kind of "challenge" to do for the next year (POLL)

Gomez22
12-19-2003, 06:26 PM
I'm thinking of doing a "race" between 6 sites:

Party/Empire
Stars
TGC
True (Never played there)
UB (Never played there)
Paradise

I want to start with the same BR at each site, and play until I reach 300 BB for the next level, trying to play the same amount of sessions and time at each site. Of course, I would start at .50/1.00 at each site (They all DO have .50/1.00, right?) and work my way up(hopefully).

I would like to post results in a graph format (linked to through my posts) and am just wondering what would be the best way to do it.......

The money won option would be easier to track, but the BB option tends to be what a player is "judged on". I guess I COULD do both, and run 2 graphs, maybe I could even put them both into the same graph, but we'll have to see about that.....

All comments and thoughts appreciated.

'Mez

Nottom
12-19-2003, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Of course, I would start at .50/1.00 at each site (They all DO have .50/1.00, right?) and work my way up(hopefully).

[/ QUOTE ]

True starts at 1/2.

Aces McGee
12-19-2003, 06:32 PM
'Mez

Out of curiosity, what's the point of your race?

McGee

Gomez22
12-19-2003, 06:38 PM
I kinda get bored and outta sync with the long-term aspect of hold em, so I try to do something to make it more short-term. Also, I want to see about the differences at various sites, and thought this might be a good way to check the 6 I mentioned. Also, I can get easily bored playing one or two sites all the time, so this gives me some diversity there, too......

Sleepy Weasel
12-19-2003, 08:02 PM
I wish you luck in your quest. Some math though:

If you start at 300 BB for .5/1 ($300) and to go $600 (300 BB for 1/2), you'd have to earn 300 BB at .5/1.

Optimistic 2 BB/hour:
(300BB) / (2BB/hr) = 150 hours * 6 sites = 900 hours

Say you play 2 tables at once...optimistic 3BB/hour?
(300BB) / (3BB/hr) = 100 hours * 6 sites = 600 hours

How many hours a week do you play? If you play 40 hours a week, that's 22.5 weeks (5 months) for 1 table, 15 weeks (4 months) for 2 tables. From your previous posts, I don't think you play full time, so maybe 20 hours a week is more realistic? 45 weeks for 1 table, 30 weeks for 2 tables.

Sounds like you may be at this awhile. I wish you nothing but luck, just wanted to make sure you had a comfortable chair /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Gomez22
12-19-2003, 10:16 PM
I haven't checked PokerTracker yet to figure my hours/week.... I would guess somewhere around 15-25 is about accurate. Maybe 2-4 per weekday, and 10 or so on the weekend. I usually play 2 tables if I'm playing 1/2 or lower, as I'm not real comfortable at 2/4 yet, when I play 2/4 or higher, it's one table only.

I'm just looking for something to "spice up" the game, and the short-term goals (such as the OIC) make it more interesting to me, due to the fact that I'm not good enough for the higher limits, and playing micros gets a little tedious from time to time.

Enough of the reasons, as I still have another 2 weeks to make up my mind about what I want to do in regards to hold em, but I will say one thing.........

I DO have a pretty comfortable chair!!!!!

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

'Mez

KeyserSoze
12-20-2003, 02:33 AM
How about you challenge yourself to only post interesting hands instead of posting every hand you feel like complaining about?