PDA

View Full Version : AK- when you think you've done everything right....

tedtodd
12-19-2003, 03:01 PM
Can anyone tell me if I misplayed this??? I really believe there's nothing i could have done differently (besides the A-hole re-raises)

tedtodd [ Ad, Ks ]
duckey123 folds.
whateverdude calls (0.50)
tedtodd raises (2) to 2
hghrm92 folds.
BloodPoker folds.
thebruiser folds.
Foolhardy folds.
stubcat calls (1.75)
Bonziiiii folds.
whateverdude folds.
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 8d, Qc, Kd ]
stubcat bets (1)
tedtodd raises (3) to 3
stubcat raises (4) to 5
tedtodd raises (4) to 7
stubcat raises (18.75) to 23.75
stubcat calls all-In.
tedtodd calls (16.75)
** Dealing Turn ** : [ 3h ]
** Dealing River ** : [ 2d ]
Creating Main Pot with $49.90 with stubcat
** Summary **
Main Pot: $49.90 | | Rake: $2.60
Board: [ 8d Qc Kd 3h 2d ]

CATCHES A 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the river for the WIN!
[censored] HIM! /images/graemlins/confused.gif

limon
12-19-2003, 03:20 PM

tedtodd
12-19-2003, 04:03 PM
was it the betting?

i have AK- a K flops...i assume i'm in good posiiton. would you really have folded that?

i eventually took him all-in with KK and got it back- but i hope to avoid hands like that in the future.
if he called 4BB preflop he doesn't have a Q8 or K8- i figure him for a K, and i have it covered.
I see the flush danger- but i didn't figure him for it- and I'm willing to risk the odds of him catching it.
unfortuneatly he caught it.

Paul2432
12-19-2003, 05:02 PM
Yes it was the betting. Your second raise on the flop is terrible. It gives him a chance to re-raise you all-in (which he did) giving you a tough decision, or draw cheaply. If you are not willing to raise all-in here yourself, you should just call and then play accordingly on the turn.

Paul

SpaceAce
12-19-2003, 05:10 PM
Do you really think a raising war is wise with only top pair? If you're going to go all-in when he raises you there, you might as well do it yourself and maybe scare him off. I would have called after his raise on the flop.

SpaceAce

tewall
12-19-2003, 06:11 PM
This is exactly right. Although you were unlucky to get drawn out on, you were lucky you weren't behind the all-in raise. If it's going to get all-in, you want to be the one moving the money in, not the caller. So either go all-in yourself, or just call. (And don't mind limon. He's apparently having a bad day. -- Merry Christmas limon)