PDA

View Full Version : Pokerschoolonline.com

rooks
12-19-2003, 12:36 PM
its $14.95 a month
has anyone tried it out, is it any good?
comments please

illunious
12-19-2003, 03:09 PM
I tried it a few months ago. It's maybe the best play money competition you will find, and the user area of their website has a good selection of articles, audio lessons and quizzes. The tourneys weren't frequent and populated enough though, limit ring games were almost never going. Maybe worth a month to do the lessons/quizzes.

I play UB $0.01/$0.02 (rake free) now. Better deal if you play ring games (would be hard to lose $15 a month /images/graemlins/smile.gif).

therenokid
12-19-2003, 03:44 PM
i joined pokerschoolonline and i think it is great. i have learned a lot and have met a few people thourgh the school. it has a lot of information on it and i would recomend it highly. you can play via pso software and it will track how you do. most of the games are tournaments, but you can get heads up and ring games, i have played them all. there is a ton of information and it is a lot better then buying one book. yes is is 15 a month, but well worth it as long as you read the lessons and practice. if you do decide to join, there is a box that ask you for a promotional code, use 1540. i am registered as the therenokid. i highly recomend it and i have been learning a lot.
thanks

bigpooch
12-20-2003, 12:02 PM
A friend of mine was a member for a short time and his
conclusion was it makes the students play weak-tight! No
offense, but it may be good for the newbies at first, but
they will have to unlearn their lessons if they ever want
to play middle limits or bigger or to have any chance of
being an expert.

Also, to make any significant money in the games, the two
most important aspects will be psychology and reading hands.
IMHO, these are not easily taught.