PDA

View Full Version : 5 hands in a fine session.

ALL1N
12-19-2003, 02:56 AM
The hands are from a 2/4 Party session in which I ran particularly well.

Hand 1.

I raise in the cutoff with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif after a MP limper. We take the flop headsup.

Flop: K /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. He bets I call.

Turn: K /images/graemlins/spade.gif. He bets, I raise, he calls.

River T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. He checks, I bet.

Hand 2.

I raise in MP with K /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif after an EP limper. The SB comes along as does the EP limper.

Flop: A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif. Checked to me, I also check.

Turn: T /images/graemlins/club.gif. EP bets, I call, SB folds.

River A /images/graemlins/club.gif. EP bets, I raise.

Hand 3.

An EP limps and SB fills up. I get a free play in the BB with K /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif.

Flop: K /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. I bet, EP calls, and SB folds.

Turn: 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I check, EP bets, I raise, he calls.

River: 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. I bet.

Hand 4.

MP openraises, cutoff calls, and I 3-bet in the SB with Q /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Only these 2 call.

Flop J /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I bet, MP raises, and CO 3-bets. I fold.

Hand 5.

I openlimp K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 from the cutoff (which I believe to be the correct play in loose games such as Party 2/4). There are 2 LP callers and the SB fills up.

5-way Flop: K /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Checked to me, I bet, and a LP is the only caller.

Turn: 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif. Checked through.

River T /images/graemlins/club.gif. I bet.

Please feel free to comment on any of the hands. I will post the results later.

crockpot
12-19-2003, 11:35 AM
hand 1 - i probably would have raised the flop to see how he reacted, but this is a reasonable alternative. he won't reraise unless he has you beat (and probably will reraise if he does), and you charge him the maximum when he's drawing. good play.

hand 2 - i understand that the flop check isn't that dangerous, but i usually prefer to bet the flop, for a couple of reasons. first, if i'm check-raised i can fold and lose the minimum. second, most players will wait until the turn to raise, so i can bet the flop, take a free turn card, and again not lose much on the hand. good river raise.

hand 3 - very aggressive turn play, but not bad. i would usually check the river though. you can't expect much play from a hand that you're ahead of, but he may well bluff with the ace of spades if you check. also you avoid getting bluff-raised, rare as this play is.

hand 4 - you can't really do anything different here besides smooth-calling preflop, and i prefer the reraise.

hand 5 - i think i'd bet the turn. you may get called down by an ace, a flush draw will call you a decent number of times, and if he has a gutshot, the chances are only 1/12 that he'll hit it. betting won't kill your action from a 9.

lil'
12-19-2003, 11:44 AM
On hand 2, I kinda like the play. A free card probably won't hurt you, but it might give somebody a chance to piss away some chips to you. If you bet the flop and they have no ace, you will get two auto-mucks.

On hand 3, I would prefer to just keep betting on the turn. Check raising is too risky for my tastes in this spot.

ALL1N
12-19-2003, 09:54 PM
Thanks for the response.

Hand 2. Would you normally lay down kings to a checkraise there? I would have thought that very few players will actually checkraise on that flop with trips.

Hand 3. Checking the river is a reasonable suggestion. I thought that given my strength on the turn I'll never get bluff-raised on this river, so a bet would be best. But then I could miss a bet against a bluff. I just didn't want to miss a bet against a lower pocket pair or middle pair, which are certainly calling, and probably checking behind.

Hand 5. I was thinking that if I check the turn with the intention of checkraising or betting river (depending on whether they bet the turn), I'd win the maximum against a nine, an ace, a bluff, and possibly a flush draw.

ALL1N
12-19-2003, 09:56 PM
The checkraise on hand 3 was certainly risky, but I can hardly imagine even the most passive players not betting the turn with most holdings that they called the flop with.