PDA

View Full Version : Some call me ... weak tight?

Nottom
12-19-2003, 01:24 AM
I can't wait for the responses to this one.

Party 3/6

EP raises folded to me on the button with AK so I do my thing. Blinds fold EP caps. On to the flop. EP seems like a fairly competent player from what I've seen.

Flop: Axy (xy are < 10)
EP checks, I bet, call

Turn: z
EP checks, I ..... check?

River: z
EP bets, I call.

Flame away!

Vehn
12-19-2003, 01:32 AM
Meh. That's OK.

Joe Tall
12-19-2003, 01:37 AM
ASDKFASDVIOQREOIJLlmasvoim3roasdfoi m oiajfdscvjalsdkfnioas maoisdgfoasdmcvoiasm moimaodfmaos oaigfloawetfoijadnmgfuiaerhgjaeljglgkfnvad;jgawofj ajrocvmalk dfio oijnsdjkhioa naonoaidjfoasidvjio oihjiofWEAKTIGHTMOTHERFCKERvio0jasdlkvnai hruigfnklancvoijeot,ksndvionmealrjgkdvoeimnrgf,kjd goianvioqehtgkjasdovivjaoifnmeriovjoiasjdmveriofjg gioqvhjej /images/graemlins/crazy.giffvgijqwerokg.ldfkjvoiwerbtmowi4ghlkadfjbv ioiosjdfklbmwiotjmblkjzdffgiojfgom wioerthjugfmiadoboijsrlkthjpaodfkbvtrgnmboisdzfuig h /images/graemlins/confused.gifdsevtkijbmoisdfmbiosfkl msiorghl;adfkgjioebvmiotuhjyzfldkngvuiobaejriogakj sdfgjiadfbvtniojbvdfkgiojalsdghioadfjvnaigtlkj\

?,
JT

Schneids
12-19-2003, 01:38 AM
I assume you became suspicious of his cap PF followed by check/call on the flop.

Bold turn check. I actually like it /images/graemlins/smirk.gif. Plus now you entice a KK/QQ/JJ to bet the river when you check the turn, just in case of his flop passivity being due to the ace on the flop.

Nottom
12-19-2003, 01:38 AM
I thought you'd like it.

Joe Tall
12-19-2003, 01:39 AM
There is a reply in there, you gotta look for it.

Peace,
JT

Nottom
12-19-2003, 01:43 AM
oihjiofWEAKTIGHTMOTHERFCKERvio0jasdlkvnai

I think you are trying to tell me something here?

Clarkmeister
12-19-2003, 01:47 AM
If this is against observant opponents you need to play this hand this way from time to time.

Griffin
12-19-2003, 01:56 AM
Stranger here, but I'll give it a shot.

Preflop and flop, I'd do the same.

Turn: If you're behind here to AA, you avoid a check-raise and get to call down for 1bb instead of foldind to the CR, or losing a lot more.

If you're ahead to a hand like KK-TT, then you checking the turn might induce a bet from your opponent at the river, whereas a bet might cause your opponent to fold.

So checking seems fine... except when your opponent holds KK and a K comes on the river! Be sure to bet the turn in those situations /images/graemlins/wink.gif

River: Given your description of the opponent and his PF cap, I wouldn't raise here either. He'd fold a worse hand and 3-bet a better one.

I guess I play it the same....but there's no question that I'm weak-tight, so you probably ought to listen to someone else! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

elindauer
12-19-2003, 02:36 AM
This play is OK if you think your opponent is tight and aggressive, meaning, he might fold a premium pocket pair to a turn bet, but will value bet it himself on the river after you check behind.

Against most players though, you'll make more money by betting the turn and the river. Are you sure they'll lay down pocket queens here? I've run into plenty of players who will not.

Too tricky unless you have more information on this opponent, in my opinion.

ALL1N
12-19-2003, 03:17 AM
You say he's competent, and he capped it preflop. Therefore we can put him on AA-QQ, AK, and perhaps JJ-TT and AQ.

However, I don't think even competent players fold their kings or queens on the turn here. They might fold jacks, but if he's capping with jacks then he's definitely calling with them on the turn.

As you must have thought this post was heading, I think you missed a bet.

Joe Tall
12-19-2003, 08:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If this is against observant opponents you need to play this hand this way from time to time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand what you are saying, but this was online and observant opponents are far and few between.

Peace,
Joe Tall

Nottom
12-19-2003, 04:56 PM
Guess this wasn't as contraversial as I was hoping.

He had what I thought he had and took the pot.

I'm 2-for-2 in spotting trouble in this situations. Last time I had AA and the flop came K-high and the capper checked. I knew he had KK, but lost a bunch of bets anyway (played it ok until the river where I raised for some unknown reason, and called the raise for an even more unknow reason).

CrackerZack
12-19-2003, 05:02 PM
And they'll never observe you again.

I bet the turn, now if he c/rs me, my life is not good as the move can be AK or AA and it sucks to find out.