PDA

View Full Version : NL HE Tourney Hand for review

Gomez22
12-19-2003, 01:15 AM
I posted this over on Tournament Forum, also, but wanted some more views as I am really new to NL.....

Playing in a NH HE tourney on Paradise. It was a $400 freeroll that I decided to enter to check out the software, and see how Paradise did with it's tourneys.

Field started at almost 2000 players, paying top 150, but only money is really in 1st place ($90). Being as I've never won a tourney, and am not much of a NL player, I figured I was'ne getting anywhere near the final table, but I did make it to the top 100....... then this hand came up:

About 94 players left in the tourney, I am CO with: K /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I have roughly T25000 chips left and am maybe 3rd largest stack at the table. Blinds are 2000/4000 with antes of 150.

Folded to me, I raise to T8000, button folds, SB folds, BB calls. BB was largest stack at table with about T90000(also tourney leader)

FLOP: J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB checks, I bet 8000, BB calls.

TURN: 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I call all-in, BB calls.

RIVER: 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

How did I do? Since I don't know a whole lot about NL (I'm more of a limit player), I don't know if I should have doen anything different or not... Comments?

RESULTS BELOW (In white text, I hope)

<font color="white"> BB showed 8d6d for the rivered 2 pair </font>