PDA

View Full Version : EAT DRINK SLEEP POKER

wontons
12-19-2003, 12:19 AM
Do alot of you feel like all you want to do in life is play poker...not because you can win money but because you just LOVE the game to death? I once asked a very very good poker player about how he liked the game..he said he was very happy he made it to the level he is at and is very profitable but thinks he could have been doing alot more with his life if it wasn;t for poker..does anyone else feel like this?

Cubswin
12-19-2003, 03:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
he could have been doing alot more with his life if it wasn;t for poker..does anyone else feel like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

my girlfriend feels this way about my life

A_Very_Elegant_Man
12-19-2003, 01:36 PM
Makes sense to me, from a financial perspective anyway. I live in Minneapolis, so the biggest readily available game is the 30/60 at Canterbury. That means that the very best hold 'em player in Minneapolis can expect a return of somewhere around $100 dollars/hr. That sounds like a ton of money but it's nothing compared to what the best lawyer, computer programmer, or stockbroker in Minneapolis is bringing home. And getting to the point where you can crush a 30/60 like that is probably every bit as hard as becoming successful in any other field. At least that's what I keep telling myself when I'm fighting off the urge to play poker so I can get my schoolwork done.