PDA

View Full Version : Why Yes, Puppies Do Eat Glass

HDPM
12-18-2003, 11:23 PM
HDPW though he was so cute. "Oh, we have to get him," she said. "He is so little and cute he won't be able to destroy everything like the last one." When she drives him around in her convertible, everybody says, "Awwwwwwwwww, what a cuuuute little puppa dog..." etc. And HDPW though she loved him. But you see, HDPW also thought it would be Oh So Nice to have a Christmas tree this year. While puppy was still little. So she bought a bunch of new ornaments. Had it all planned. And filled HDPM's car up with rancid pine needles getting the SOB home. And put a gazillion lights on and hung the new ornaments with care. Along with some carefully selected old ones. And puppy was happy. Because you see, puppies do in fact eat glass, styrofoam, plastic beads, and wire. And as I type this HDPW asks the dog what he did with the wooden ornament that a niece sent with a picture of the niece in it. Like he is a person. And like the thing isn't chewed up in the yard somewhere. The tally is eight pieces of styrofoam and bead fake fruit, 9-15 glass ornaments including paint, etc..., and at least two strands of wire cut up into 12"sections, and the niece ornament. And HDPW got one glass shard in the thumb. Puppy is just a little less loved tonight. Maybe HDPW will ask how .45 cartridges go in the handle. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Ray Zee
12-19-2003, 12:49 AM
i told you so,======= merry christmas.

Utah
12-19-2003, 10:06 AM
My wife said the same thing, "oh, that little puppy is so cute!"

Well, 12 months later that cute little New Foundland puppy is a 140 pounds perfected machine of destruction. Everything, I mean everything, is a chew toy to this dog - pillows, shoes, sheets, coats, books, art, trash, the cats....

I guess he is beautiful in his single minded simplicity. I know he wakes every single morning as says, "what of value can I destroy today?"

When we go shopping we need to buy for 5: me, my wife, the kids, and the dog - who will steal more food from tables, counters, and cabinets than the other four will eat combined.

We have had to pour hydrogen peroxide more than once down his throat because he ate something dangerous.

The kicker was a few months ago when he decided to commit suicide and eat 300 advil from our mega. bottle of the stuff. $2000 vet bill later, our puppy was a little less loved as well.

scalf
12-19-2003, 10:26 AM
/images/graemlins/blush.gif..you're day's a coming hd...lol..

wait till ya got a 2 yr old human...lol

everything a mess in 30 sec or less..

real easy to understand concept of entropy..gl

happy holidays /images/graemlins/ooo.gif /images/graemlins/spade.gif

HDPM
12-19-2003, 02:03 PM
Oh man, nefoundlands are just too big. We got a small dog this time to mitigate (although not eliminate) damage. Several pairs of good shoes have died and the Christmas tree was destroyed. But he hasn't eaten the house yet unlike the last dog.

A 2k vet bill is awful. I've done the hydrogen peroxide routine, but a 2k vet bill is a game with which I am not familiar. Yet. Let's hope. Knock on wood. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

adios
12-19-2003, 05:27 PM
Believe it or not you can get health insurance for dogs. I know VCA sells it for $20.00 a month I believe. I declined though. You guys ought to get your dogs obedience training (maybe you have). It takes time to work with the dogs but for me it's been worth it. We've got two dogs and my wife is tougher on them than I am but all in all they're well behaved, definitely are non destructive and fun too. I do get them bones to chew on regularly too /images/graemlins/smile.gif.