PDA

View Full Version : Suited rags in the SB

jacki
12-18-2003, 03:15 PM
Where did I go wrong?

HERO ($55 stack) has 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif, Q /images/graemlins/club.gif in the SB
CO ($25 stack) and Button limp to me. I complete. BB checks.
4 to the flop

Flop: [ 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif, K /images/graemlins/club.gif, 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif ]
HERO checks.
BB checks.
CO bets 1
Button folds, I call, BB folds

Dealing Turn: [ 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
HERO checks.
CO bets 1
HERO calls

River: A /images/graemlins/spade.gif
HERO bets 2
CO raises to 6
HERO raises to 53.15 all-In.
CO calls (17.20) all-In.

CO turns over A /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif

Should I have seen this coming? If so, when?

Scottnyce
12-18-2003, 03:25 PM
You called the whole way and your first big bet was an all-in bet, you didn't get any info out of him. Even if you had though I don't think you could lay this down. You have the 2nd nut flush....Raise the Flop bet to 5 and see what happens from there...What if he just had the naked A and was waiting for the 4th Club....you would have let him in. The raise would have told you that he had something to play with. He probably would have went all in on a flop raise and then you would have to make a decison...its still an easy call

tewall
12-18-2003, 07:15 PM
With rare exceptions, there's no way you can avoid losing your stack in this situation. But that shouldn't be your concern. Your concern is to make the most money after such a favorable flop, as most of the time you will win.

The way to make the most money is by playing it aggressively. Your hand is vulnerable, so it must be protected. It's not nearly strong enough to be slowplayed. The board could pair or he could have a single A /images/graemlins/club.gif. So get in there and slug it out!